Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

really slow upc cable broadband?

• 07-09-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭

hi,
    apologies if this is in the wrong section. I recently moved into a house in galway that has a 20mb connection upgraded to 30 free of charge i believe. however we only seem to be getting roughly 6mb download, 0.05mb upload and massive ping. Last year i was in a house up the road and we were getting about 16mb, nearly 1mb upload and low ping. Im aware that upc have increased the contention ratio but these speeds seem really bad. Anyone else experience this or have any advice on how to improve it?

Thanks in advance
    Paul

943663386.png
    This was at 10 this morning with no one else on the network in the house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 awedf

I'm on UPC 15meg in the west of the city, for some reason I have had nothing but bad results on the Galway speedtest server, try Dublin instead

943884563.png
    943885321.png
    Tests were within a minute of each other on wireless

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

How long ago did they bump up your speeds? When I went from 20-30 it took a week or so the reach the higher speeds and become stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭son-of-plunder

Im not sure to be honest as weve just moved into the house but everyone finds it really slow. anyone know where the server is in galway? ill try dublin next time im in there and post the results

Advertisement