Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M203 & Other built-in grenade launchers?

• 07-09-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Sup dudes! :cool:(Trying to sound cool)

I’ve just bought an m203 (thanks Richy) and I'm looking forward to playing with it this weekend.

But I want some advice before hand - Nothing too techy, just general!

I've noticed not many people use them, I guess it is because of the limited range, and bulk, and let’s not forget it’s basically an imitation shot gun!!!

But I think they look bad ass!

I want t to hear of your experiences, using them, being shot with them, any advice.

Also, advice on engagement distances, I don’t want to hurt / scare the sh*t of players as it’s very loud, but I don’t think the force is huge!

And finally, I presume as It is a shot -gun, more than a grenade launcher, blind firing rules still apply? If I fire it in a door of a house is the whole room out, or only those who actually get hit???

Thanks in advance as always!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Shanewalsh

I got mine only about 3 weeks ago, i went and got a grenade from MIA which is good, But you will be spending a lot of time and money on Gas/Ammo which is starting to annoy me hahaha.

Depends where you play with the 203, in The Office block if you fire it at a door or shield its out of play. Not sure about clearing a whole room with 1 shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They're reasonably useless out in the open. Generally, they're at their most useful in rooms and corridors, usually for suppression or in shock situations like an ambush/counter-ambush.

As for grenades, CO2 are the best performers if you're willing to spend that much on them.
    If not, Pro-Win POM grenades are good value with reasonable performance.
    On a budget, my recommendation would be Madbull Stingers. Three in a pack, light, reliable and fantastic performance.

Rules vary, depending on the site. It's generally counted as only those who are physically hit are counted as hit. Some games vary rules, usually milsim. Usually this is to do with game objectives.

You'll find yourself rarely using it, to be honest. I love them, but have yet to find a situation where I needed one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would of thought the shock and awe factor (i.e. scaring the Sh*t out of someone, as you said) would be what attracts players to them in the first place? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I would of thought the shock and awe factor (i.e. scaring the Sh*t out of someone, as you said) would be what attracts players to them in the first place? :P

Yeh your right, thats one of the reasons, but the site I play most has alot of young players, and I noticed they sh*t themselves when grenades go off.

I dont want to be a grown man making kids cry with my pretend grenade launcher.

I've decided to let my mate shoot me from 3 meters away with it (full eye protection of course!), before I bring it Skirmishing, hoping then I'll have a good idea of what it feels like, so I'll know how to use it without p*ssing off everyone on site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lol..I remember I was at LAC about a month ago and SniperSight shows up with his M16/grenade launcher.
    Few 14/15year kids there sitting down as we were waiting for the first game to start

Kid A: Look at ur fúckin man..
    Kid B: He's got a fúckin noobtoob..
    Kid C: Ah fúck man..he can't be allowed to use that?can he? (directed at me :) )
    Me: Course he can
    Kids: No way man....it's a fúcking noobtoob...he'll bloody kill us :D, Oh man..I don't want to be against his team..he better be on our team or we're sodding off...

Too much call of duty I think :D
    I think they were expecting explosions and shít when he fired it :D
    Gave the headsup to Sniper and made sure he was on the other team...unfortunately he forgot to pack the co2 or something like that...
    was a really pity as the kids were absolutely bricking it going up against him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Ya, that was funny. Was late for the first game so I didnt have time to load up the grenades. And everytime I got into a position to use it I was shot outta nowhere!!
    I remeber there at the recent event in LAC I was shooting from behind a ditch against some guys at the other side of the road behind another ditch. There were some I'd say 14/15 year olds on my side of the ditch. I jumped up on top of our ditch fired of the 203 into the other team, wiping out two of them. The two young fellas were like..."WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT!!!!." They referred to me as Special Forces guy from then on.

Moral of the story.....I'll take the cumbersome weight and (general) innefectiveness of my 203 for reactions and kills like that now and then.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'll admit when I first seen an M203 I thought it actually shot its grenade like a grenade launcher, and it then went off similar to a thunder b. Was a little disappointed when I found out it didnt tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'll admit when I first seen an M203 I thought it actually shot its grenade like a grenade launcher, and it then went off similar to a thunder b. Was a little disappointed when I found out it didnt tbh.

I can get a Nerf ball a good distance with it, I was thinking of asking my local site to count that as a room kill!!!:o

Now to paint my Nerf Ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Is there any grenade launchers out there that actually launch a grenade?

I can't imagine it would be that hard to do. A small reservoir in the tube to launch the projectile, and a time release fuse on the grenade so it can go off in mid air, or when it gets through the window etc.

Or is this just in my fantasies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

The problem is that due to the weight of even a very light and fluffy foam thing, the One Joule Rule means that no projectile is going to travel more than a matter of inches out of the barrel (and it is a barrel, which is why the rule applies). So the simple answer is no, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

The problem is that due to the weight of even a very light and fluffy foam thing, the One Joule Rule means that no projectile is going to travel more than a matter of inches out of the barrel (and it is a barrel, which is why the rule applies). So the simple answer is no, unfortunately.

Ah, didn't think of that.

Well, at lest I can dream

Advertisement