Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Here's a build I put together and I just wanted some feedback, whoa too much, that can be bought cheaper elsewhere, this is better, that sucks and whatnot, thanks in advance for any comments. Also note I might throw in another GTX for 3 monitor support in the future, potential pc sweatbox?

build.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

craig1928 wrote: »
    Here's a build I put together and I just wanted some feedback, whoa too much, that can be bought cheaper elsewhere, this is better, that sucks and whatnot, thanks in advance for any comments. Also note I might throw in another GTX for 3 monitor support in the future, potential pc sweatbox?

build.jpg
    i7-950 - really?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats wrong with the 950? everything is good in that build as far as i can see but do you really need the blu-ray player? also check out the antec 1000W psu as it is a bit cheaper than the corsair, actually pretty similar to my upcoming build buildF.jpg

also check out the HAF 932 case if you want something cheaper and dont want to wait (932 is a great case btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

whats wrong with the 950?[
    Just it's price over the 930. The 950 has nothing that a lil overclock wouldn't.
    EDIT: Just remember the massive price cut on the 950's so they're not bad now. If it were the 960 on the other hand...

ya the 950's are down to 320 on pixmania right now :) buying one myself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Down to €277 on HWVS :D

id love to go with hwsd.de but its not in stock :( damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 craig1928

about that case, on ebuyer there's no 932 but there's the 922, what's that like? will that stuff fit? what's it like if I'd want to put another 960 in it? and is that Antec PSU esentially the same as the corsair, what's the difference?

Also, should I stick with that CPU cooler or go with the Coolit ECO ALC?

Thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

€277 sounds nice :)

antec make good psu's so you should be good with that one, as for the 922 check up some reviews etc. im pretty sure its a great case as well

• Advertisement

HAF922 is better than the HAF932 but a little smaller (still bigger than any normal midi-tower! :p) and the side fan isn't included by default. The fans on the HAF922 are better, quieter units than on the HAF932 and use the same 190mm impellers despite having smaller frames ;)

actually i have a question while im at it, is there much of a performance difference between a i7 930 and a 950?

Don't think the gap is that huge but as an inherently higher-binned part the i7-950 may on average run a tad cooler and/or have a slightly higher OC ceiling ;)

would you say its worth the extra €50 at pixmania?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Solitaire wrote: »
    HAF922 is better than the HAF932 but a little smaller (still bigger than any normal midi-tower! :p) and the side fan isn't included by default. The fans on the HAF922 are better, quieter units than on the HAF932 and use the same 190mm impellers despite having smaller frames ;)
    IM A 932owner and i built a friend an i3 system in a 922 and thats all i,d put in the 922 there,s not much room in them at all go 932 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

massy086 wrote: »
    IM A 932owner and i built a friend an i3 system in a 922 and thats all i,d put in the 922 there,s not much room in them at all go 932 imo

I have a 922 and there's plenty of room, infact I think the 932 is too big, so the 922 is perfect for me :)

I have a 922 and there's plenty of room, infact I think the 932 is too big, so the 922 is perfect for me :)
    i used to think the antec 300 was enough but with big towers it just so much easy,er to cable manage and add or remove gpu,s i,d never go back to a mid tower but that,s just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

i used to think the antec 300 was enough but with big towers it just so much easy,er to cable manage and add or remove gpu,s i,d never go back to a mid tower but that,s just my opinion

Whats wrong with your apostrophe button/finger :confused:

its broken :D:D

Advertisement