Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th 1 month smokefree help

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Last time I smoked was Fri 13th August. I am proud of myself, but cravings are getting so much stronger and I'm making myself sick from all the rubbish I am eating just so I don't smoke!!

Can anyone help me and give me some strageties to cope etc? I really don't plan on giving in but its no life not feeling relaxed the way I am.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Well done!! you're doing great!!

The relaxed feeling you get from fags is not real, its an illusion. Smoking a ciggy actuall increases your blood pressure and your heartbeat.
    What relaxes you is taking 5 mins to stop and think. A break from everything. If you feel yourself stressed, just take 5min break and clear your mind.

A good tip is to exercise more. The healthier you are, the less you want to smoke. Joina running club/gym/cycling club, or set a goal, like in 6 months do a 12k run, or a triathlon or something. Give youself something to aim for. This will also help with the eating crap food.

The eating crap food is just a replacement for the act of smoking. Thats something that needs to be broken, not just replaced. So fight it as hard as you can, get something for your hands to do.

Remember, ciggarettes are evil, they are NOT helping you, they do NOTHING for you. They make you think they do. All the do is **** up your body.

My final tip is to read through the threads on here, some great helpful advice. And keep posting here, let us know how you are doing. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cvk

Hey

Firstly congrats.

Remember one thing....smoking does NOTHING for you,NOTHING! There is NO pleasure from smoking , none whatsoever. You were able to enjoy life before u started smoking and u can again. Look at smoking for what it really is....DIRTY DISGUSTING SMELLY FILTY ADDICTION....YOU get NOTHING from smoking.

Everyone who smokes (sane peolple anyway) wish they didn't and I'm sure you are the same, SO why crave something u don't want? Don't look at smokers with any sort of envy...believe me they are more enviuos of u.

Get up go for a walk/jog. Excersise is really important. Don't go out of your way to not think about smoking...everytime it enters your head stop and think about it....what will having a smoke right now do for me....the answer is always ...NOTHING!!! It does NOTHING good for you in any way.

I bet u could list a dozen reasons ( probably alot more) why smoking is not good for u. DO it right now...wright them down.
    Now right down one thing that is good about smoking...you can't there is nothing , never was and there never will be.
    SO STOP craving something you don't actually want. Would you put ur hand in boiling water just to prove that you were better off when your hand was not in the boiling water? Of course not. Start to Realise how much better off u are now u are not smoking.

Keep the faith...
    Apologies for such long reply...these are some of the things that helped me.

FACT: smoking kills more people than heroin. Many many more.

Advertisement