Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pet sitter

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone advise a good pet sitting service? Am going to be getting a dog next year and will need a good pet sitter at a good price (for the dublin area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Hi :)is it a pet sitter needed everyday or while you go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Pretty much yeh. While I am away at work. So I need it to be cost effective as well

I know a doggie minder,12 euro a day that includes 2 walks a day lots of play time,Their own fully insulated shed with run,armchair radio,lights,toys and lots of tlc and fun or snoozing time:)All you bring is your dog and food:)pm me if youd like more info x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doirean

Hi guys, I've got a similar issue - broke up with partner and now need help to manage my 2 labradors. They need to be walked every morning and have to have them indoors by 7pm each evening due to complaining neighbours so hard to have a life with these curfews. Anyone ever heard of getting an au pair for dogs? Would be looking to spend max €350 each month to include a walk 7 days a week and doggy-sitting 3 nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Doirean wrote: »
    Hi guys, I've got a similar issue - broke up with partner and now need help to manage my 2 labradors. They need to be walked every morning and have to have them indoors by 7pm each evening due to complaining neighbours so hard to have a life with these curfews. Anyone ever heard of getting an au pair for dogs? Would be looking to spend max €350 each month to include a walk 7 days a week and doggy-sitting 3 nights a week.

Where are you located??

• Advertisement

Swords area - wondering should I just go ahead and get an au pair from abroad to avoid distance issues etc.

Ive heard doggie day care is great.The dogs get walked and lots of play time?Just be very very careful who who are letting into your home to mind your doggies xxxx

Yeah it's really hard to figure out what to do really - don't want to get a local teenager as I'll have to hand over keys to a minor then and God knows what could happen. Even putting notices up in the local post office I'm uncomfortable with employing a stranger. Nightmare.

Have to be honest I wouldnt trust any stranger in my home:(Im sure alot of them are lovely and trustworthy but wouldnt be for me.Are your dogs barkers?

Not persistently but when theyre out the back there's a small dog in the garden behind and he can sometimes make them bark - but that's it. Neighbour has a baby and insists that my dogs wake the child up. I think it's because she has my number to be honest - miraculously she's done nothing about the 3 other dogs in the surrounding gardens that are out 24 hours a day - one of which barks non-stop. Nightmare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement