Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for g'friends b'day-Wkend away/spa break?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Girlfriends birthday coming up in a few weeks,need ideas quick!She likes weekends away with a bit of pampering,so wondering if theres any good spa deals or weekend away deals out there that dont cost a fortune,€200-€250 mark for the weekend is about my max!!If anyones got other ideas feel free to share,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

What about the relax and rewind listed near the end of this page.
    http://www.avvio.com/hotels/Johnstown_House_Hotel_Meath/bookings/client.php?formname=searchspecials&mode=group&group=Spa+Packages

I have had many meals in this hotel and used the spa. I know people who have stayed over and they say the rooms are fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thanks niceoneted,
    That deal runs out end of Sept,her b'day is in Oct.Heard good reports of that hotel but its kinda pricey!Good location though as I'm looking somewere within 2 hours of Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Keep an eye on Boards Deals forum, they say they'll be doing another spa voucher by the end of Sept. Have a look through the old deals though for some ideas. Or try City Deal

Hope you can find something nice.

Thanks Cathooo,I'll keep a look out for boards deals.Just thought that hotels were running good deals in this current climate but had a look and nothing jumping out at me.My only alternative is to buy her a decent watch....although somebody said thats bad luck?!!Anyone else got good ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

It may work out cheaper to just book her into a spa for a day with a few treatments you've chosen specifically for her, then spend a night in a lovely hotel with dinner etc, depending on where you are. We live in Dublin but my boyf has done that a couple of times for me... shopping in the morning, spa in the afternoon, dinner and hotel in the evening! It's a perfect little holiday, even if it's in your home city!

Alternatively, The Osprey Hotel in Naas does good spa deals.

• Advertisement

Yeh,I bagged a good spa deal in Aspens Beauty Clinic(havent a clue if its good or bad!) through citydeal,got voucher for Jaipur through Boards deals and booked Maldron Cardiff Lane for 2 nights.Its got a pool,she likes swimming and it didnt cost a fortune.Also got good reviews on tripadvisor.So,all done thankfully.She's gotta be happy with that,right??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sounds fabulous, I know the Maldron on Cardiff Lane, the pool is lovely, you'll need a swim hat but you can buy one there for around €1.50. There's a lovely jacuzzi and steam room and sauna there too! Enjoy yourself!

You're right beside the Grand Canal Theatre in that hotel too if you're staying for 2 nights and are looking for something to do. You're also very near the O2 / Point Village with the new Dublin Wheel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

The Athlone Springs or The Amber Springs (Gorey) both have a spa and tend to have good deals (Athlone Springs more so than Amber). Don't know what deals they have on at moment but you should check them out.

Advertisement