Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus routes and timetables around Threadneedle Road

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi!
    My daughter needs to get from Enda's to Crestwood in the evening and will miss her - very early- school bus.
    Do people from that area of town know when (from 4.15 p.m.) and from where she could get a bus to town.
    I was told the numbers 1 and 2, but it's difficult to see where exactly they stop, and at what times.
    Any locals here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

I did, just now, and she should take the 1S around 16.15, but I don't know where the stop is exactly on Threadneedle Road. She could also take the 2D/2W around 16.20 on the Kingston Road stop, but is that far from Enda's gates?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I did, just now, and she should take the 1S around 16.15, but I don't know where the stop is exactly on Threadneedle Road. She could also take the 2D/2W around 16.20 on the Kingston Road stop, but is that far from Enda's gates?
    Thanks!

Sorry I can't be more helpful here: bus stops are only put onto maps if I'm 99% certain of the location, and in Upper Salthill I'm not. I've been doing some work on a neighbourhood map up there, but I need to do another field trip or two yet. (Am eagerly awaiting Google Streetview, to see if it makes this easier!)

I know there are a bunch of secondary-age kids who get onto buses on Threadneedle Rd sometime after 4 (regular buses, not school ones), but am not sure what school they're from, or where gates are.

One thing to be aware of: at that time of day timetables can be a little more, shall we say, approximate, than usual.

Hopefully a local can shed some more light.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

Oh no, I think your website is very informative, much better than the scant info we get from Bus Eireann (sp.?). It's just that thses details are the ones that worry a new First Year! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The bus stop on Kingston is only about 5 minutes walk. If you have a Galway map it's just before the entrance to Manor Drive. The stop on Threadneedle Road might actually be closer but doesn't have a shelter. The stop on Kingston does.

Good luck!

CC

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The bus stop on Kingston is only about 5 minutes walk. If you have a Galway map it's just before the entrance to Manor Drive. The stop on Threadneedle Road might actually be closer but doesn't have a shelter. The stop on Kingston does.
    Good luck!CC

The bus stop on the taylors hill road side of the cross is where all the cool kids congregate for the bus. Has no shelter but is a shorter walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Live on Threadneedle Road myself. The Salthill bus bus-stop is directly across from the entrance to the Tennis Club. Normally leaves the Árus evry half hour (12, 12.30, 1, 1.30. etc.) There is a closer bus stop for the no.2 bus than the Kingston Road one, when she goes to the top of Threadneedle Road tell her to right and its about 100m down. Dont know the times for them buses but more than one take that route.

Advertisement