Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 bed bungalow in clonskeagh for €695K - I think I have time travelled!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

maybe its owned by sean fizpatrick!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ah well now it does have a lovely garden... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

good size kitchen and garden but, the rest of the rooms are very small... CRAZY price.... they must think they are living in 2006!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Sure people can ask whatever they want, quite meaningless really.

I'd be more interested in the ultimate selling price

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

I would'nt pay a penny less than 700K for it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nottooxabi

I think 300k would be about right ? I'd pay that for it..
    location etc.. nice garden.. what do ya think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Good location and nice garden but its small and not exactly modern. I think 495k would be more appropriate but in this market 450k would buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nottooxabi

really ? IMO you would be mad to pay 450k for this house in current climate. dont get me wrong, its nice and its a decent location but ... big repayments for a small 3 bed house.. add another 20-30k stamp duty on top of your 450...

check this out... would this have been 1.2 - 1.3m in 2007 ?
    will it get 695k ?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/108-sandford-road-ranelagh-dublin-6/333327

nottooxabi wrote: »
    I think 300k would be about right ? I'd pay that for it..
    location etc.. nice garden.. what do ya think ?

Yeah id say about €300k.

Say average rent on daft is €2k per month so 14 mutliple rule would give a value around €330k.

But that's about 7 times average salary so could still be a bit high...

But I'd say about €300k is fair, for a profession couple both working perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Well it does have it's own name. Can't put a price on that :pac:

• Advertisement

Duckjob wrote: »
    Well it does have it's own name. Can't put a price on that :pac:

+ €50k so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Don't you worry.... some gobsh1te will purchase that property. I bet the full offer price will be achieved :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I spotted golden fittings in the bathroom...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Yeah id say about €300k.

Say average rent on daft is €2k per month so 14 mutliple rule would give a value around €330k.

I'll start my post by declaring I don't own property, am not a bring back the bubble merchant, and I do think the property is expensive at 700K.

However, this house will never reach 300k. It is in one of the prime locations in Dublin, is close to many of the top schools, is close to the LUAS line, Dundrum and the centre of town. It is semi-detached, has a garden and space for a number of cars.

A house in this area will command a premium. People want to live there. Say a couple earning €120k between them per year, with deposit. They would pay €420-450k for this without any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Wouldn't worry about it...wishful thinking.
    It's what they actually shift it for that really matters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

€2k pm?:eek: I rent a cottage in D6W, which while a 2 bedroom has a bigger square footage, a much better garden and a far nicer location and is a much, much more attractive house, both architecturally and decoratively for €1150pm. An extended, newly renovated 3 bed on my road dropped from €1600pm to €1400pm and still took nearly 2 months to rent, so it could be renting for less than that. If anyone gets €2k pm for that house they have found themselves some sucker.

Sergeant wrote: »
    However, this house will never reach 300k. It is in one of the prime locations in Dublin,

How many "prime" areas do you think a small city like Dublin could possibly have. Ballsbridge, Ranelagh, Howth and Dalkey are prime areas. Clonskeagh is a pleasant but dull suburb that falls below Blackrock and Terenure, is similar to Templeogue and Portmarnock and higher than Dundrum and Knocklyon.

iguana wrote: »
    €2k pm?:eek: I rent a cottage in D6W, which while a 2 bedroom has a bigger square footage, a much better garden and a far nicer location and is a much, much more attractive house, both architecturally and decoratively for €1150pm. An extended, newly renovated 3 bed on my road dropped from €1600pm to €1400pm and still took nearly 2 months to rent, so it could be renting for less than that. If anyone gets €2k pm for that house they have found themselves some sucker.

How many "prime" areas do you think a small city like Dublin could possibly have. Ballsbridge, Ranelagh, Howth and Dalkey are prime areas. Clonskeagh is a pleasant but dull suburb that falls below Blackrock and Terenure, is similar to Templeogue and Portmarnock and higher than Dundrum and Knocklyon.

Yeah €2k seemed high to me - i just did a quick search on daft and think there were only 3 with asking rents of about that. So actual rent could be alot less.

I think anyone who thinks this won't hit €300k could be quite deluded - i think not only possible but very likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Lovely garden and interior decorating. The tiling in the bathroom looks well

Giving me ideas on new tiles at home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Am I the only person who thinks the layout of rooms is terrible. You've to walk past two bedrooms and a bathroom to get to the living room. WTF do the people who design these houses be thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Think thats bad! Try this: http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=449095, asking price is €825,000 and a bid at ~€425,000 was turned down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

nottooxabi wrote: »
    really ? IMO you would be mad to pay 450k for this house in current climate. dont get me wrong, its nice and its a decent location but ... big repayments for a small 3 bed house.. add another 20-30k stamp duty on top of your 450...

check this out... would this have been 1.2 - 1.3m in 2007 ?
    will it get 695k ?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/108-sandford-road-ranelagh-dublin-6/333327

Thats 102 sqaure meters - even smaller than the bungalow.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

smk89 wrote: »
    Think thats bad! Try this: http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=449095, asking price is €825,000 and a bid at ~€425,000 was turned down

How'd you know the price on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I grew up about 1.5 miles from this address. It's closer to Mount Merrion, which is one of Dublin's nicest areas. Great place to raise a family, large park at Deerpark and playgrounds for kids, etc. Low crime area.

Harlech is part of the larger "Ardilea" estate. It's a very affluent area (it was in 2006 anyway :)) that would be favoured by surgeons, doctors, solicitors and Company MDs. It's middle and upper class to the core.

Like a previous poster said, Harlech is close to excellent schools, Dundrum Town Centre, the M50, the Luas, many bus routes, the DART and UCD.

I have no connection with Estate Agents - I'm just a local. At the height of the boom, this property might have commanded €1.5m. I think it will sell easily at €600k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Quazzie wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks the layout of rooms is terrible. You've to walk past two bedrooms and a bathroom to get to the living room. WTF do the people who design these houses be thinking?

??? have another look, the living room ist right beside the entrance. it's the kitchen which is at the other end of the house.
    Agree, it's a bit unusual to seperate the kitchen that much from the living area, but then they have a dining room next to as well.
    Reasons could be natural daylight/ north/south, east/west settings.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I grew up about 1.5 miles from this address. It's closer to Mount Merrion, which is one of Dublin's nicest areas. Great place to raise a family, large park at Deerpark and playgrounds for kids, etc. Low crime area.

Harlech is part of the larger "Ardilea" estate. It's a very affluent area (it was in 2006 anyway :)) that would be favoured by surgeons, doctors, solicitors and Company MDs. It's middle and upper class to the core.

Like a previous poster said, Harlech is close to excellent schools, Dundrum Town Centre, the M50, the Luas, many bus routes, the DART and UCD.

I have no connection with Estate Agents - I'm just a local. At the height of the boom, this property might have commanded €1.5m. I think it will sell easily at €600k.

What it commanded during the boom is completely irrelevant. There's no way in hell it will sell for €600k - IMO it's worth only half that, and will fall to that over the coming years.

And you may not be an estate agent but being a homeowner in the area makes you a vested interest you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭jenny jinks

Yeah id say about €300k.

Family houses are never sold on the basis of rental multiples. The way to value a property is to check what comparable properties have sold for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

What it commanded during the boom is completely irrelevant. There's no way in hell it will sell for €600k - IMO it's worth only half that, and will fall to that over the coming years.

And you may not be an estate agent but being a homeowner in the area makes you a vested interest you know.

I actually moved to Limerick 3 years ago, so its selling price has no impact on me. My parents are the homeowners down in Clonskeagh. Their house lost about half its value since the boom, but they aren't greatly affected. They have no desire to sell it.

You're right about "boom to bust" prices. The house across the road from my parents (4 bed semi-detached) was sold for €700k in 2009 - it was €1.3m in 2007. That's half-price.

I guarantee you that a house in Ardilea will not sell for €300k. A dustbin in Mount Merrion would make that. It will be interesting to see the final price. I'll stake my non-existent reputation that it will make the €695k and some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Guy in work here knows the area and that is half the price this house would have gone for a few years ago.

It is expensive for what it is but not for where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

The value of a property is the maximum a willing buyer will pay for it in the open market. I find it very hard to believe that this propertys value is €600 - €700k.

If a property like that sells for c.€700k then something is wrong in this world.

That said a seller can put whatever asking price on their property that they like. It's their property - let them be optimistic - it shouldn't annoy people really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Market will determine the price but in the last year small house in Clonskeagh have gone for 500 - 550k. Its not the house that matters, its the location, alot of people still think like that.

Some people are really stupid also, jsut because house prices have dropped they think they are going to get 50-60% off the asking price!

Advertisement