Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 bed bungalow in clonskeagh for €695K - I think I have time travelled!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

Of course it's the location - There are some lovely houses in Finglas/Cabra being sold for less than €200k. If you picked them up and dropped them in the south their values would triple.

However i'd like to think that if I was lucky enough to have €700k i'd do a lot more with it than buy a 3 bed bungalow. Like I said all that matters is if there's a willing buyer out there. If there's one person who will pay €700k for it then that is it's value so you can't know a property's value until you see the feedback you get from the market.

I can have my opinion though - and I think that the value of this property is some way off €700k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I actually moved to Limerick 3 years ago, so its selling price has no impact on me. My parents are the homeowners down in Clonskeagh. Their house lost about half its value since the boom, but they aren't greatly affected. They have no desire to sell it.

You're right about "boom to bust" prices. The house across the road from my parents (4 bed semi-detached) was sold for €700k in 2009 - it was €1.3m in 2007. That's half-price.

I guarantee you that a house in Ardilea will not sell for €300k. A dustbin in Mount Merrion would make that. It will be interesting to see the final price. I'll stake my non-existent reputation that it will make the €695k and some more.

That's fair enough - personally i think when prices bottom out they'll be much lower than what you think, but sure we can agree to disagree :)

The good news for me personally is that once prices do bottom out i think they'll stagnate for years so i lose nothing by waiting and seeing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Houses in the area may have been "advertised" as higher during the boom but I know they did not sell for that! I know the area as I said and there is no public transport close at all! Its a 15 min walk to bus (11) and even further to N11.

I'm going to keep an eye on this; it is not the nicest house in the area and I would expect it to sell for circa 500-550K.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I just had to mail the agent and say "haha".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

www.daft.ie/1389128
    Rooms: 3 Bedrooms
    Price: €1,250,000

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kmick wrote: »
    Good location and nice garden but its small and not exactly modern. I think 495k would be more appropriate but in this market 450k would buy it.

My general thoughts.....
    Its in a lovely location- but is a good deal smaller than many properties in the area, and as such would have limited appeal to the usual D4/D6 gang

Advertisement