Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Reach Launch Event - we need a team!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 snoopeasystreet

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

wouldnt mind playing in this either but dublin is a bit of a trek for me to get to just for a few games,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I'm going to the launch anyway but I'd like to put Korvanica and uberepicelite (cant remember if thats his Boards name aswell) forward. Two guys I'v played with before and have been playing the game regularly since launch.

My stats arn't good enough if you ask me :P Stats

Also very active boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Dav wrote: »
    I'm gonna pick the team tomorrow afternoon, so if there's anyone else you can think of who wants in, let them know!

Are we finding out the team tonight Dav? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

While we wait, just saw Bungie & 343i in action, banning a pirate as he was live-streaming. So good, so hilarious. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

While we wait, just saw Bungie & 343i in action, banning a pirate as he was live-streaming. So good, so hilarious. :D

haha good stuff... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'd be interested. Xbox LIVE tag: Irish GrumPy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'll be picking the team after lunch today, just some other stuff to get out of the way first today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pullo

Id love to have chance at playing in this , post on boards a bit , usually only post on the gaming sections as that all im interested in , i play a good bit of halo and really enjoy it .....

Here are my halo stats

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=sl%20obelisk

Obelisk do you team with Majestic? played 3v3 against him in a few customs before...got destroyed :mad: if 50s in mlg are applying theres no real point but

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=T1tus%20Pullo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This looks like fun! I hope whoever ends up on the team kicks their asses, I imagine you will :D

• Advertisement

I have the team!

Representing Boards.ie at this event will be the following 4 Spartans:
    • Korvanica
    • neilk32
    • boysinblack
    • Twilightning

I've picked based on a mix of Highest Skill and XP and k/d ratios. It was a delightfully difficult decision - always great to get so many high skilled entrants.

So team, I'll be PMing you shortly with some details. I'll also do my best to keep everyone up to date on the night via my phone as to how the team's getting on. I was just talking with the main organiser and he tells me that there's going to be a tough competition for these prizes and that the celebs may not know what hit them when the dust settles :)

In case of emergency and people not being available, I may have to change the line-up, but here's hoping that won't be necessary.

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Congrats to all picked. Go whoop their asses!
    I've picked based on a mix of Highest Skill and XP and k/d ratios. It was a delightfully difficult decision - always great to get so many high skilled entrants.

tbh, skill means nothing since H3 had a flawed TrueSkill system. Then again I'd say the circumstances were off, seeing as playlist specific XP came in rather late, so it can be quite hard to compare total XP to playlist XP and games played :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Thank you so much! This really means a lot. I'll be sure to do Boards proud on tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Good luck guys, hope you do well

PM now sent out to all concerned, so the ball is rolling :)

Right now, I'm going home after what's been a long week!

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to enter, I'm really looking forward to the event - these things are always a good laugh.

Lads, feel free to drop me a friend request on XBL if you're up for a bit of training over the weekend. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Thanks a million for the opportunity , will pm on my details in the morning . Anyone on the team please add my second account techman irl , my other one is out of gold at the moment cheers

Edit Just had a look at the team , looks really good , reckon we have a great chance

Thanks a million for the opportunity , will pm on my details in the morning . Anyone on the team please add my second account techman irl , my other one is out of gold at the moment cheers

Edit Just had a look at the team , looks really good , reckon we have a great chance

Added you man, and yeah, the team looks great! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Good luck to those who got picked!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Would have headed along to this just to meet Stringer Bell, but that goddess Joanna Newsom was inconsiderate decided to hold her gig at the same time. Best of luck to the team :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Best of luck guys, don't take the celebs too lightly when/if you get to them, they've probably had reach a few weeks now to practice on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

cheers for picking me yay, this'll be awesome...

Add me lads

GT: Korvanica

unfortunately I wont be able to get online till Monday as i'm in Dublin away from my Xbox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

I won't be online either no internet atm anyone on the team traveling to Dublin for it?

Best of luck guys, don't take the celebs too lightly when/if you get to them, they've probably had reach a few weeks now to practice on :pac:

I doubt that. I'd say microshaft and bungie have probably been very reluctant to let too many unnecessary pre-release copies get out, given the whole pirated copies on the net thing recently. I'd say the "celebs" are probably going into it as fresh as you guys will be, they might get some practice time on the day, but that's nothing that you guys won't be able to handle, given the sound of some of your halo CV's.

One thing to watch out for for anybody who didn't play the beta: The control setup has changed from halo 3. Melee attacks have been moved to a different button, and nades too i think. I found myself dying quite a lot early on when i was in 50/50 "run, shoot, wallop" situations with other players necause I kept hitting B to melee once i got in range, like in halo 3, and ended up just running into a dig. :mad:

The new control scheme seems to work fine, but it takes a bit of getting used to for the first few games, so don't be caught out.

If anybody fancies playing some firefight when it's out just add me and msg me to say you got my tag on boards. I'll be looking for a few heads that actually understand the concept of "teamwork" instead of the usual Xbox live plebs that just all run off in different directions and act like cannon fodder. My Gamertag is MackDaddi, same as my boards username, am planning to be online pretty much all week next week.

Quick update folks: something has cropped up and Korvanica has had to pull out of our team. So I'm pming the others I had in mind to see if they can take his spot. I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow with an update as to who's taking the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Quick update folks: something has cropped up and Korvanica has had to pull out of our team. So I'm pming the others I had in mind to see if they can take his spot. I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow with an update as to who's taking the spot.

If you're stuck for someone by this evening let me know, I could get another person.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Axwell wrote: »
    Good luck to those who got picked!

This.

Neilk is on their team though. Very good Irish player.
    Should have it in the bag.
    Only thing is lack of practice as a team together.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

So annoyed I missed this! Would have loved a chance to win an Xbox...

Oh well, best of luck to those that are playing.

Here's my stats anyway, just in case someone else pulls out at the last minute ;)

So yimrsg has agreed to take Korvanica's spot, so the team is now:
    • yimsrg
    • neilk32
    • boysinblack
    • Twilightning

Guys, please check your PMs, I need you to get back to me today or I have to take you out of the team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Cheers for the callup. I'll do my best. Will try get online tonight and have a few games with the team.

Advertisement