Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Reach Launch Event - we need a team!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Lads, add my Xbox Live Gamertag, same as my username. Want to relay a message to you all tomorrow morning on it so make sure you're on to see it. Probably around 9 o'clock!

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW REGARDLESS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Lads, add my Xbox Live Gamertag, same as my username. Want to relay a message to you all tomorrow morning on it so make sure you're on to see it. Probably around 9 o'clock!

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW REGARDLESS! :D

I won't be online in college at the moment don't have broadband sorted in the new house, send me a message on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Pm'd my details

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ive put forward me and a few mates for this on another site, looks like we may have gotten it, either way ill be at the Launch tomorrow regardless (Media) so im looking forward to kicking the celebs asses....

Whether we have a hope against the boardsies is another kettle of fish, ha ha...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Ive put forward me and a few mates for this on another site, looks like we may have gotten it, either way ill be at the Launch tomorrow regardless (Media) so im looking forward to kicking the celebs asses....

Whether we have a hope against the boardsies is another kettle of fish, ha ha...

Really what site was that , so i can stalk your team:D

• Advertisement

Really what site was that , so i can stalk your team:D

http://www.techtv101.com/

Theres the site there, was a competition that ran a few weeks back, put forward a few names and got a mail back, fingers crossed we'll get it, hopefully they havent looked at our stats (incase the celebs get hammered) but im the worst of my team, lol...

;)

Fieldog wrote: »
    http://www.techtv101.com/

Theres the site there, was a competition that ran a few weeks back, put forward a few names and got a mail back, fingers crossed we'll get it, hopefully they havent looked at our stats (incase the celebs get hammered) but im the worst of my team, lol...

;)

Alright , what levels are you in halo?

Alright , what levels are you in halo?

Who cares about levels :D I was only ever beaten at one 4v4 Irish LAN for Halo 3 will I be able to continue this record for Halo: Reach.

neilk32 wrote: »
    Who cares about levels :D I was only ever beaten at one 4v4 Irish LAN for Halo 3 will I be able to continue this record for Halo: Reach.

Agreed, I dont think ranking really means much, I generally dont have the time between college and other work to play online as much as I would like to, I think the highest I got was a 30 on lone wolves, my friends would have far too much time on their hands and therefore would be a lot higher than me, and we do play a fair bit of LAN games aswell when we get the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Added your gamertags there lads. Every team needs a waterboy!

• Advertisement

neilk32 wrote: »

Yh i know , ive won a load of gow , cod4 and mw2 lans in Ireland as well . Planning on completing the big three and winning in Halo as well . Reckon this team will win and i will be disappointed with anything less . Hopefully we can get a nice easy round 1 so we can warm up on the game.

Im on now if anyone wants to game...

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Can I ask where this launch party will take place?
    Would love to be present to feel some of the buzz, or is it invite only?

Searching online so far has only got me 'Dublin, Ireland'

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Random gametypes will be the death of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Yea, it's invite only I'm afraid. I'll do my best to update this thread from the event with results, not sure if live broadcast is allowed from it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

i now its late might be getting the game soon might play this evening. sorry just read the last one there would like to see how ye get on

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One hour till we meet up, Dav and I will try to keep y'all informed as to how the team is doing through the night...

DeV.

Teams are here, rules have been explained, we now meet the celebs.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

games start at 8.30. plenty of serious contenders here, it wont be a walk in the parl!!

Our team were quite convincing in their warm-up with a 2:1 score count. They seem confident :)

Having spoken with Steven and Jamie on the celebs team, they're not so happy at being the finale having seen the competition...

• Advertisement

looks like ours will be the last of the first games versus techtv101 , ironically! i am going out on a limb and predicting a finale of us versus shamrock kings!

First game is about halfway through and Shamrock Kings are pretty much running the show :) Even the non gamers in the audience can see the smack down being delivered.

Second game is done and the winners are the Pub Crawlers who had a pretty convincing win and never looked like there was any doubt.

Idris has just been talking smack to fire up the crowd :)
    Next up is Extreme Gaming vs Team Boom.

It'll be TechTV101 vs Boards.ie after that in the final Slayer match.

second game the winning team brought a secret weapon of Drunk Guy who apparently has never seen someone frag in halo. Pub Crawlers won so we will be seeinh (and hearing) more from them and their mascot. :rolleyes:

We're off and have a 15-2 lead after 3 mins :)

boards in the house! (mostly shooting other people in the house!)

76-20 to Boards.ie, brutalising the lads from TechTV101.

Second round begins soon with Shamrock Kings against Pub Callers in King of the Hill.

2 mins remain, Shamrock Kings are once again dominant. We're seeing a lot of the new armour special abilities of the game coming into play. The hill is stationary, so it's *very* busy in that small room :)

As I type it ends, 216 to 117, Kings take it.

Boom vs Boards begins...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

add me lads.

Nevaeh 2Die4

cheers

• Advertisement

2 mins remain, the Boards lads have an almost unassailable lead with the score at 206-67

Advertisement