Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Reach Launch Event - we need a team!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

add me lads.

Nevaeh 2Die4

cheers
    Add you to what? :) This is a live event!

That's it, Boards vs Shamrock Kings in a 10 minute game of Oddball on Reflection. Best of luck Boardsies!

Halfway through and its Kings with a pretty big lead, but the Boardsies aren't letting the run the show.

We're definitely looking at the 2 best teams in action.

A win for Shamrock Kings means we're about to witness a painful demolition of The Wires. 2 minutes in and its 15 nil

The crowd erupt with a chorus of "Come On Ye Boys In Blue" as The Wires get their first kill.

Halfway through and its 48-2 to the Kings.

• Advertisement

82-15 the final score. I get the impression the Shamrock Kings were slightly intimidated by their opposition, certaintly no one expected double figures :)

All that remains is a big congrats to Shamrock Kings on a well earned and deserved win. my thanks to Edleman PR for the opportunity to attend and send our team in.

gg everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Damn had to leave before the second boards game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Sadly it wasn't meant to be for our team! I was pretty peeved when it happened and it's not a nice feeling knowing you have no chance of winning once half the game's over, I think one of the lads on our team even put his controller down. But we did our best and it was great craic, free bar and all!

Thanks to everyone on the team, Jamie for organizing the gametypes and of course to Dav and DeVore who met up with us before the event and guided us our way to the final. It was a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Hard luck to the lads , beaten by a better team on that map . Shamrock kings are far as i know are a group of mates and it really stood to them . Plus i think they all the game last nite , something our team missed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hey Lads, Thanks for the great final...

After watching your first two games some of us were a bit worried going into the final...

It was a good night and was fantastic to meet the celebs too...

Hope there are no hard feelings over me leaving for the Shamrock Kings..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Good job tonight lads. Pity you didn't win. Glimpse Dog will have an article of the event up over the next few days along with the review of the game itself. Fair play to Dave and all the staff at Edelman PR for organising an amazing night.

Edit : dav was it you I was talking to towards the end of the night about 3D, the next gen etc....?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Dayum, Shamrock Kings rocked that scene.
    Did anyone grab their gamertags/chat to them? Wouldn't mind checking their stats.

Did anyone grab their gamertags/chat to them? Wouldn't mind checking their stats.

I'll ask the lads if its cool to post their gts... mines korvanica anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Congrats to Shamrock Kings, a very good team and deserved winners. It's never nice to lose but you had to take your hat off. You could tell in the final game you were all very familiar with each other whilst our team only had about 10 games together.

Was intimidating/nice to play alongside some class players, I did feel a bit out of my comfort zone for the first match as I wasn't that familiar with swordbase. I did better in the second as all I did was stay on the hill in a bubble shield! Third match was a bit of a blur, only bit I remember well was killing the skull carrier and myself in a bubble shield with rockets near the lift. I think you had about 100+ points on us with about 2 minutes to go so it was game over at that stage.

Thanks to Dav (and DeVour and Korvanica) for the moral support and the call-up.

I'm glad everyone had a good night, Piaras and David and everyone else in Edleman put on a great show. DeV and I had a great chat with Jamie Heaslip and Steven Cooper before things kicked off and they were a little worried about how things would go - with fair reason I suppose :)
    Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Edit : dav was it you I was talking to towards the end of the night about 3D, the next gen etc....?

No, pretty sure that wasn't me and I only had 3 drinks, so the memory should be ok... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sodman

Hey lads, I was on the Shamrock Kings team. That final was a really good game, it could have gone either way really.

My GT is Sodman74 but my stats for halo 3 are shocking :P Never had anyone to play with to get a 50 but I had a 46 in lone wolves, doubles, and team slayer at one stage.

Good game anyway though!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah was a great final, pity half the room barely knew what what a haloz was, but the other half were stuck into it! Great play by the Shamrock Kings, congrats. Many thanks to the Boards team for stepping up and making it hard for them, definitely the best two teams on the night and glad to see them both in the final (as I predicted, ahem!)... :p

Hope you guys got a few free beers anyway (and thanks to MS and Edelmann PR for getting me drunker than Brian Cowen :) )

DeV.

I think you mean more congested than Brian Cowen...

Anyone have any pictures/videos of last night? Or know anywhere where there are articles about the event?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

DeVore wrote: »
    Yeah was a great final, pity half the room barely knew what what a haloz was, but the other half were stuck into it! Great play by the Shamrock Kings, congrats. Many thanks to the Boards team for stepping up and making it hard for them, definitely the best two teams on the night and glad to see them both in the final (as I predicted, ahem!)... :p

Hope you guys got a few free beers anyway (and thanks to MS and Edelmann PR for getting me drunker than Brian Cowen :) )

DeV.

Allegedly :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 samacora

neilk32 wrote: »
    Who cares about levels :D I was only ever beaten at one 4v4 Irish LAN for Halo 3 will I be able to continue this record for Halo: Reach.

well least your records intact

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

samacora wrote: »
    well least your records intact

Well done on beating a team meeting for the first time, two of which never played competitively before on a game of team oddball ivory tower, glad to see you mastered the bubble shield that all night LAN practice paid off at least . I wasn't even going to comment until that arrogant comment, embrace it anyway. I doubt you will win another reach event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 samacora

Well done on beating a team meeting for the first time, two of which never played competitively before on a game of team oddball ivory tower, glad to see you mastered the bubble shield that all night LAN practice paid off at least . I wasn't even going to comment until that arrogant comment, embrace it anyway. I doubt you will win another reach event.

now now temper temper

now now temper temper

I'm rather calm, I just find it laughable that you think you have achieved something. I haven't even played Halo in a year fyi.

lads, shut up. all the other comments were nice and now you two go and throw this thread down the ****ter

Korvanica wrote: »
    lads, shut up. all the other comments were nice and now you two go and throw this thread down the ****ter

Samacora does you mean, I have no hard feelings about the win. I already knew you guys were going to be showing up after you quickly exited the team. I wasn't expected to win as I knew ye would be practiced.

Samacora does you mean, I have no hard feelings about the win. I already knew you guys were going to be showing up after you quickly exited the team. I wasn't expected to win as I knew ye would be practiced.

i mean both of ye, don't feed the trolls, good to finally play against you...

i'm really surprised there wasn't a second place prize or something, like a copy of the game of a years sub to live..

Korvanica wrote: »
    i mean both of ye, don't feed the trolls, good to finally play against you...

i'm really surprised there wasn't a second place prize or something, like a copy of the game of a years sub to live..

It was a fun event, I enjoyed it apart from the ****ty gametypes and thought the methods of selecting the teams that attended was a bit ridiculous. First 6 teams to RSVP the facebook event were selected according to the organiser yesterday. Hopefully there will be some well run Reach tournaments in the coming months and I am thinking about purchasing a new Xbox and reach as I really enjoyed the game yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Hard luck lads. As expected, you'd have a mountain to climb with no team experience together and also a new game not knowing the maps and weapon layouts where others might already know.

Been playing Reach so far and having a blast. I recommend it :)

I have to laugh though... Oddball for a final? Bit randomly put together I imagine.
    The organisers obviously not as concerned about those kind of details anyway. They just want to create the event and get some people there for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

now now temper temper

lol , you actually think your good , you won a tournament with non competitive rules and settings against some of the worse halo teams ive ever seen and then the boards team which was made up on the day basically..... Willing to put money you never win another reach event in Ireland again....

Pity some of Ireland top halo players didn't get to attend the event . But the pr company running it seemed to think teams with names such as 'Pub crawlers' deserved to be there more than players that have been attending events in Ireland for years. Which was a joke as it lead to dreadfully one sided games that where a bore to watch.....

Advertisement