Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Reach Launch Event - we need a team!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Strawberry Oreo

Boysinblack - Well we did win the competition to represent Ireland in Germany (against well established irish Halo 3 players I'll have you know) with official MLG settings so your argument seems redundant as Halo doesn't even require skill anymore!

It's just a game fellas, we all went last night for a game that brings us enjoyment!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Boysinblack - Well we did win the competition to represent Ireland in Germany (against well established irish Halo 3 players I'll have you know) with official MLG settings so your argument seems redundant as Halo doesn't even require skill anymore!

It's just a game fellas, we all went last night for a game that brings us enjoyment!

Two of your team last nite won that , you didnt beat well established irish halo 3 players you beat neilk and majestic the rest of the top halo players where all under 18 at that time , plus wardy carried your team from what i heard....

Just like to point out it was your teammates who came on here and started posting snide comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Two of your team last nite won that , you didnt beat well established irish halo 3 players you beat neilk and majestic the rest of the top halo players where all under 18 at that time , plus wardy carried your team from what i heard....

Just like to point out it was your teammates who came on here and started posting snide comments

no it was only samacora, please review me and sodmans comments...

I said dont feed the trolls...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Korvanica wrote: »
    Anyone have any pictures/videos of last night? Or know anywhere where there are articles about the event?

Cheers

Glimpse Dog will have a ton of pictures and an article about the event up over the next 2 days. The Halo Reach review and TGS are just taking preference for the moment, hence the delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Guys, it was a fun night with a non-serious tournament with non-serious scenarios. Let's just accept that and say GG to the Kings for the win and be gracious about it.

When I saw the Kings turn up I remembered them from the WCG where I was a volunteer for a couple of years and I remember them being clear winners. They're a very good Halo team, lets not try to take that away from them.

I think the fact that we put 4 lads together who've never played as a team before and made a real game of it in the final against a proven team who've been playing together for some time says a lot for the quality of the 4 we had playing on our side.

I'd love to see the outcome of a proper match up between the teams - be it Team Slayer or CTF or something. I'd be willing to organise something if people were interested :)

• Advertisement

Sounds like you guys gave it a good shake but were beaten by a better organised bunch of players.There's nothing wrong with that. Teamwork is a crucial element in competitive halo, and a bunch of guys who've been together for a while and have an understanding about how each other plays and what each other's strengths and weaknesses are are going to be tough to overcome, even if the individual opposition players can match them raw-skills wise.

The extra advantage that a bunch of guys who just "know" how and when they can rely on their team mates is hard to beat. It always amazes me in team slayer or CTF or whatever when i get matched up with a bunch of randomers who all have their mics switched off and have no idea of how to communicate or work together. What's the point of playing a team game if you don't work as a team?

I wish there were more chatty players playing reach :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

im chatty when i play, add me if you like and join whenever, gt: korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 8 iHade

Anyone know if there will be any tournaments happening for h3 or reach anytime soon? WGL events go anymore?

XBL GT: iHade

Korvanica wrote: »
    im chatty when i play, add me if you like and join whenever, gt: korvanica

Will do, i'll be on later this evening. Add u then.

By the way, has anybody else used the tactic of teaming up a DMR sharpshooter with a Sniper and both guys using Drop shields and covering each other's back? I started trying this out in firefight and MP recently when i was messing around with new utility and weapon combos and it's fantastic. If you can hold a bit of high ground somewhere like on the middle of the bridge in Boardwalk or up on the back walkways on Holdout and just alternate between 2 guys each popping their drop shield in rotation when the last one runs out you're set. There's always one bubble to run into and take cover and recharge if you're taking flak, and the tactic of 2 guys working together and covering each other's back and having cover and health whenever they need it can be almost unstoppable.

Advertisement