Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two recurring dreams

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:44am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    First time poster and tbh first time reader :). For many years, I have been having recurrences of 2 different dreams. Dream 1 happens about once a week and dream 2 happens about once a fortnight. I'm posting because I had both dreams last night. Everytime I have them, the circumstances are different but the story is always the same.

1) The first dream is more common. I find myself back in University. I'm usually in the library or walking on campus. We are 2-3 weeks away from exams and I realise that I have no study done and have no recollection of attending lectures. I don't feel paniced by the situation but I am not looking forward to the exams and I'm not sure how on earth I can pass. Sometimes the dream ends with me looking for a lecture and entering the room.

2) The second dream is incredibly vivid. I get on a plane. The desitiation and departure city are usually random. I never check in for the flights but I have to pass an informal security check. We take off and the pilot is skimming buildings, electricity wires and trees at breakneck speeds. I see things from the pilots point of view. Eventually, we crash but I always survive the experience. After the crash I find myself outside looking at wreckage (although there really is very little wreckage) but sometimes, just before the crash, I find myself watching the crash from a close distance. I realise in my dream that I have experienced this before but I never realise it was a previous dream (I used to be able to lucid dream in my early teens).

Anyone shed any light on these dreams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭easynote

I find it very hard to say something about anyones dream unless they go deeper into the feelings felt during the dream. It is strange you have these same dreams recurring so often, and there probably is an important message in them.

My only thoughts are:

Dream 1: Are you not paying attention to what is really important in your life- one day you are realising you do not have that much time left...

Dream 2: You are going dangerously close to something that is possibly dangerous and destructive in your life...

Advertisement