Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine's Wimax

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

I was speaking to Digiweb Sales Personel who was trying sell me Broadband when I mentioned "Imagine's Wimax" she said Not go go into contract with them and Digiweb were going to resell Imagine's Broadband Nationally but pulled out of doing it as Wimax was disasterous.

Is this true?

Anyone got Imagine's Wimax near their Liffey Valley Mast or High Site in Dublin 22 (Clondalkin)?
    Or I guess its a case of suck it and see:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't know if that is true.

But Digiweb did test a similar WiMax Mobile system on the same band and it was terrible. 3.6Ghz is too high a frequency for a Nomadic/Mobile system with many indoor aerials. Even a good Mobile system on a lower suitable frequency has about 1/8th of the capacity as similar system ONLY using directional outdoor aerials.

Advertisement