Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to australia

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello all, This is my first time to use this site so bear with me if I do something wrong. I would like to hear from anyone who has recently moved to Aus with their families because of the state of this country. I would be interested to know how they adapted (especially the children). We are thinking of moving to Aus (have been on hols there before) but I am frightened as it seems to be such a huge upheavel. I have a 7yr child and am concerned about her going to new school etc. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭niborm

I haven't seen much of that in this forum (younger age profile I would guess) but there seems to be a lot of posts with people sharing their experiences on the britishexpats forum, particularly in relation to moving with families. I think you would be more likely to find what you are looking for in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

bernieobr wrote: »
    Hello all, This is my first time to use this site so bear with me if I do something wrong. I would like to hear from anyone who has recently moved to Aus with their families because of the state of this country. I would be interested to know how they adapted (especially the children). We are thinking of moving to Aus (have been on hols there before) but I am frightened as it seems to be such a huge upheavel. I have a 7yr child and am concerned about her going to new school etc. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Are you eligible for a visa for Oz? Can't really help on the children front but second the advice to check the britishexpats forum...there is alot more there on permanent re-location + familes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

bernieobr wrote: »
    I echo www.britishexpats.com as a source of info, it's unrivaled. Once you're sure you're eligible for a visa then you can start looking at logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭603304529

ballooba wrote: »
    I echo www.britishexpats.com as a source of info, it's unrivaled. Once you're sure you're eligible for a visa then you can start looking at logistics.

I reckon pomsinoz.com is better than BE!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bernieobr

thanks everyone for your replies. we are eligible for visa so i will look at the british expats sites you have recommended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement