Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ds movies?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just bought the young lad a ds with a couple of games for his birthday next week. What i want to know is, can he view movies? (ie. flushed away,nemo etc on this?). If so, how do i go about getting them and what would i need extra? I have originals here on dvd. Thanks all.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Hi all. Just bought the young lad a ds with a couple of games for his birthday next week. What i want to know is, can he view movies? (ie. flushed away,nemo etc on this?). If so, how do i go about getting them and what would i need extra? I have originals here on dvd. Thanks all.;)

If you get a card like r4/m3/whatnot, you can put a homebrew program like moonshell on it. It supports dpg movies, which you will have to convert yourself. There's a few applications online that you can download to convert them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If Pixar offer a digital download service, that would be the best route. It's illegal to rip dvd's/movies/games etc here in Ireland, as that would mean bypassing the content protection on said discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

EnterNow wrote: »
    If Pixar offer a digital download service, that would be the best route. It's illegal to rip dvd's/movies/games etc here in Ireland, as that would mean bypassing the content protection on said discs.

Sounds a bit complicated. Think i'll ask a 7 year old.:D Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sounds a bit complicated. Think i'll ask a 7 year old.:D Thanks all

The ripping part I've no doubt he can inform you on....kids are scary these days at how fast they're learning/using what were once 'leet tools :pac:

Advertisement