Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2 Co-Op Impressions

Options
  • 07-09-2010 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

A pair of cute robots star in Valve's team-focused twist on the Portal formula.

http://pax.gamespot.com/story/6275187/portal-2-co-op-impressions/?tag=picks%3Btitle%3B31

The single-player campaign's only twice as long? Jesus, that's crap.

I realise that it's difficult to weave a cogent plot without repeating puzzle-types across a greater length of time, but I figured on it being three times as long at least.

I finished the first game on first play-through in about four hours.

So, I'm gonna be able to finish this new game in eight or nine hours, am I? It'll last me two days, then.

If this is a £50/$60 release, that's not good enough.

I'm gonna need another reason to buy it.

By which I mean another reason *IN ADDITION TO* the co-op, mode.

I won't always have a second person to play with, which means it doesn't count as core content in my book.

Coronithofcork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Quality over quantity. I prefer four hours of sheer immersion and thought invoking game play then 16 hours of pointless clicking and moving through empty wastelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

alexan1250 wrote: »
    If this is a £50/$60 release, that's not good enough.
    lol wat? Portal is €14.99 by itself on Steam, where did you pull that price from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Comparing portal to a 16 hour game is like comparing a shot of liquor to a pint of larger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd quite happily pay the €20* again to play Portal all over again. It was a fantastic experience. 3 hours of fantastic design, dark humour, and excellent gameplay (with some mind-boggling puzzles to boot). Definitely one of my favourite Valve products, and that's saying something.

Can't bloody wait for Portal 2.

*or whatever it was, considering it was part of the Orange Box at €40-ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

bought Portal as part of the Orange box for €20 for 360, easily one of the funnest games i've played. i never hesitated with the Companion Cube :D and then i got it free for PC on steam so if i ever lose my copy of Orange box, i have a backup :D

if they have different story and puzzles to the co-op, it'll be even better. looks good and can't wait for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

8 hours would be ok with me. It always takes me longer then what most players do it in anyway. I like to go back and replay enjoyable levels / look for easter eggs. With the exception of Red Dead and Fallout 3, I've not been able to find the time to complete 60 hour games (eg Dragon Age).

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

"If this is a £50/$60 release, that's not good enough."

Game has not been priced yet.

"Bla bla bla game will be too short"

Don't buy it then.

"I finished the first game on first play-through in about four hours."

Lol, at least an entire hour over par I'd say.

TL;DR
    I can't wait for this game, it's going to be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sink wrote: »
    Comparing portal to a 16 hour game is like comparing a shot of liquor to a pint of larger.

The finest most pure liquor in all the world ..like you've never tasted before !!

Maybe akin to a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster which "is like having your brain smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick."

......This is your first post on Boards.ie, I already dislike you :P ...dissing Portal !!...it shall not be tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

BopNiblets wrote: »
    lol wat? Portal is €14.99 by itself on Steam, where did you pull that price from?

The RRP being bandied about for the game is in that ballpark. Of course, it's very likely the game will be available for less on most online retailers.

If you don't want to pay full whack for it then you could always wait for the game to pop up in the inevitable Steam sale (you cheapskate :p)

Advertisement