Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router download cap ?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Is there any way to put download cap on Cisco EPC-2425 router ?

I have UPC broadband and last month we went 320GB over the download limit so they're threatening to upgrade our service which cost 80€/month, therefore now I need to control download and keep it under 250GB, and since we have 4 laptops in house is very hard to do it without putting cap on router.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

DO you use utorrent? If so, theres a transfer cap setting in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Krivo666

I know about that, but I need to control traffic on 4 different laptops so only way to do it is to put download cap on wifi router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Take the power supply to bed with you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

You need to get a separate router that can track usage as the cisco can do very little. I recommend one that can run ddwrt like the buffalo whr-g54-hp, though thats just off the top of my head so I'd recommend going to their website to see the full range of supported routers. You will be then able to track usage, and I would be surprised if there was a way to limit usage after you go over a certain limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Krivo666

Knasher wrote: »
    You need to get a separate router that can track usage as the cisco can do very little. I recommend one that can run ddwrt like the buffalo whr-g54-hp, though thats just off the top of my head so I'd recommend going to their website to see the full range of supported routers. You will be then able to track usage, and I would be surprised if there was a way to limit usage after you go over a certain limit.

thanks a lot for advice, gonna look into that, just need to get a new router

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Krivo666 wrote: »
    thanks a lot for advice, gonna look into that, just need to get a new router

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1136421&productID=S3107041
    Great router that supports dd-wrt. Irish store, they deliver v quickly and they take Laser

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

The Netgear WNDR3700 has a built in traffic which monitors traffic and let's you control bandwidth. It allows you to put in a cap and it shuts off the Internet when that cap is reached.

Advertisement