Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband & Phone Kilbelin Abbey

Options
  • 07-09-2010 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there

Just wondering if UPC broadband and phone is available in Kilbelin Abbey. If not what services are availalbe and are they any good. All comments welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi UPC broadband is not available in Kilbelin Abbey , it may tell you it is on there website but it is not .

I have had eircom then BT/Vodafone and now I have Imagine Breeze ,Not WiMax, they will try to give you that but I assure you the breeze product is far superior .

Imagine breeze is great and have not had any faults with it.

You can get UPC TV but it is only available in MMDS and the quality and amount of channels that they provide are brutal, I would advise you to get SKY .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deep1947

Hi UPC broadband is not available in Kilbelin Abbey , it may tell you it is on there website but it is not .

I have had eircom then BT/Vodafone and now I have Imagine Breeze ,Not WiMax, they will try to give you that but I assure you the breeze product is far superior .

Imagine breeze is great and have not had any faults with it.

You can get UPC TV but it is only available in MMDS and the quality and amount of channels that they provide are brutal, I would advise you to get SKY .

Does UPC provide their broadband service in Kilbelin Abbey, Newbridge?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

deep1947 wrote: »
    Does UPC provide their broadband service in Kilbelin Abbey, Newbridge?

Nope all the older part of town has fibre broadband , most of the newer estates for some stupid reason dont have it .

WiMax or Eircom seem to be the only real options

Nope all the older part of town has fibre broadband , most of the newer estates for some stupid reason dont have it .

WiMax or Eircom seem to be the only real options

Thanks for the info. I am surprise that UPC is not covering Kilbelin considering the number of houses.

deep1947 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I am surprise that UPC is not covering Kilbelin considering the number of houses.

Ah dont get me started ,

There is easily a thousand, maybe more homes around me ,

Kilbelin Estate,Kilblein Abbey Estate, Walshestown ,curragh Grange, Belmount Green, that I can think off the top of my head !

Only the old estates seem to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi Deep, You could phone UPC on 1908 to see if the service is available in your area, I know someone who lives in Kilbelin and they have the upc service, digital, bb and telephone, you can also call their upgrade department on 1800 940 420 to check if your area is due to be upgraded with the new service this year, either numbers will get you through to an agent who will be able to assist you with your query :)

cocoemma wrote: »
    Hi Deep, You could phone UPC on 1908 to see if the service is available in your area, I know someone who lives in Kilbelin and they have the upc service, digital, bb and telephone, you can also call their upgrade department on 1800 940 420 to check if your area is due to be upgraded with the new service this year, either numbers will get you through to an agent who will be able to assist you with your query :)

Thanks. Will contact UPC and let u all the result.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Uncle Fester

Ah dont get me started ,

There is easily a thousand, maybe more homes around me ,

Kilbelin Estate,Kilblein Abbey Estate, Walshestown ,curragh Grange, Belmount Green, that I can think off the top of my head !

Only the old estates seem to have it.

Anto Ville !!!!!

Anto Ville !!!!!

I'm afraid you have lost me here ???

No UPC service in Kilbelin.

Digiweb and Vodafone are two option left for home phone and boradband. Has anyone tried Digiweb? Eircom is expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement