Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trek or ktm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

KTM are better known for producing motorbikes, but they've been doing bicycles since the '60s and by all accounts are very good at it. They've really only been distributed in mid-Europe though (Austria, etc) up till a few years ago, which is probably why we don't see many around.

Yep, on the face of it the KTM seems to have the better spec. However, are you sure the 1.5 has gone up over 1k? The 2.1 should be around the same price point as that KTM, with an almost identical spec.

The one thing you get on a trek bike which the KTM doesn't seem to have is a carbon fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joe1982

My local trek shop was telling me that the estimates were coming in around the e1050 to 1100 for the new model, but if the 2.1 was similar money then that would be a good buy also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

seamus wrote: »
    KTM are better known for producing motorbikes, but they've been doing bicycles since the '60s and by all accounts are very good at it. They've really only been distributed in mid-Europe though (Austria, etc) up till a few years ago, which is probably why we don't see many around.

Yep, on the face of it the KTM seems to have the better spec. However, are you sure the 1.5 has gone up over 1k? The 2.1 should be around the same price point as that KTM, with an almost identical spec.

The one thing you get on a trek bike which the KTM doesn't seem to have is a carbon fork.
    think the ktm has a carbon fork
    from
    http://bikershop.pl/images/Bikershop_new/pdf/KTM_Road_2010.pdf

Road ARC-A642N45-AL Carbon front fork
    for integrated headset, Aeroform-fork legs,

i'd buy the ktm but then i hate treks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

yeah trek stuck up their prices by 100-200 on all its bikes and you dont get anything new.

Id look at a cube attempt which will now be just above the 1.5 in price range, but will have much better spec i have the 2010 model, not sure what 2011 will be like. Looking at it if the ktm comes with the carbon forks and the 105 groupset it looks much better deal than a 1.5

Advertisement