Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another breaking contract question...

Options
  • 07-09-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm currently with Meteor with about two months left in my contract. Coverage is terrible where I work though so I want to change network as other colleagues have no problems with o2 vodafone etc. I've rang them countless times trying to sort out the problem but no improvements.

Yesterday I changed my tariff to the cheapest one, with the intention of buying out of the contract for the remaining two months. My question is - Will there be any problems with the fact that I moved down tariffs one day and the next day I cancel my contract?

Is there any other advice on how to proceed with cancelling my contract?

I've googled this to death but the same stuff keeps coming up, was just wondering if you folk have any tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I might be wrong but did Meteor not change things recently that when you move price plan your back in contract, I could be wrong.

Your other question, there's no problem moving now, you'll just have pay for the last 2mts. If your sign up with o2, 3, Voda they'll put in the porting request to meteor, you should call meteor can tell them your moving and settle up what ever your owe and then your free to move, get them to move you to prepay while your waiting to change, they can move you to pre pay now. Vodafone and o2 are lot more expensive than meteor be careful what you sign up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I had a problem with O2 where data coverage where I work is dreadful, they released me from my contract and I moved networks :) keep complaining (like I did!)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Ortiz wrote: »
    I'm currently with Meteor with about two months left in my contract. Coverage is terrible where I work though so I want to change network as other colleagues have no problems with o2 vodafone etc. I've rang them countless times trying to sort out the problem but no improvements.

Yesterday I changed my tariff to the cheapest one, with the intention of buying out of the contract for the remaining two months. My question is - Will there be any problems with the fact that I moved down tariffs one day and the next day I cancel my contract?

Is there any other advice on how to proceed with cancelling my contract?

I've googled this to death but the same stuff keeps coming up, was just wondering if you folk have any tips

I rang Meteor yesterday wanting to move to a lower price plan, I'm 9 months into a 12 month contract, I was told I cant change until the 12 months are up, even though I was told in the store you can change after 6 bills have been paid - this info was incorrect seemingly :mad:
    If I want to get out of the contract now I have to pay them €150

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement