Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yawn Alert: Does anyone know where to get Biernies Bin Bags?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

The yellow ones.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The yellow ones.

Thanks.

never heard of Biernies, but Barnas are availble form their plant at deep water quay in finisklin and some of the shops in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

http://www.beirnesbins.ie/about.html

Sure this may help you :)

And it cracks me up how everyone always calls them "Bernies Bins".

May indicate a worrying level dyslexia within the population around Sligo :pac:

Pete M. wrote: »
    http://www.beirnesbins.ie/about.html

Sure this may help you :)

And it cracks me up how everyone always calls them "Bernies Bins".

May indicate a worrying level dyslexia within the population around Sligo :pac:

I would put it down to lack of advertising to be honest, don't regconise them amougst the flyers that come through the door, have never been offered them in the shop when asking for Barna, only other one am offered is Greenstar. So i can understand the possible confusion over spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The "B Word" bin collectors are cheaper. €8.50 a bin.

Thanks for the link, I'll give them a ring.

EDIT: I knew when typing it I had gotten it wrong but was too lazy to go out to the bin for the correct spelling. :D

Sorted, I can ring them and pay by laser. My local shop doesn't sell them (turf war I think :eek:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Sorted, I can ring them and pay by laser. My local shop doesn't sell them (turf war I think :eek:).

nice one....bag up all the unexploded turf, could be a long winter ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

irish-stew wrote: »
    I would put it down to lack of advertising to be honest, don't regconise them amougst the flyers that come through the door, have never been offered them in the shop when asking for Barna, only other one am offered is Greenstar. So i can understand the possible confusion over spelling.

Now, why would you be offered Greenstar when you ask for Barna?:D

cloneslad wrote: »
    nice one....bag up all the unexploded turf, could be a long winter ahead :D

€4 a bag boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I knew when typing it I had gotten it wrong but was too lazy to go out to the bin for the correct spelling. :D
    Sorted, I can ring them and pay by laser.

With the lack of effort you put into getting your waste collected, I'm surprised you even manage to put the rubbish into the bin. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

€4 a bag boss.

if i hadn't of been sitting here in my living room with the air con on at the coldest setting and the temperature still at 25 degrees inside at 11pm for the past 2 months then I might have thought about bulk buying in advance.

I had the air con off last night for the 1st time since July, it's only a relatively luke warm 25degrees outside tonight at 12am. I just have all the windows open trying to create a cross breeze, damn mosquitoes better be kept out by the screens.

I also don't have a fire :mad:

• Advertisement

Now, why would you be offered Greenstar when you ask for Barna?:D

maybe the barna ones were sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Bit late,but Centra Maugheraboy has them I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Spar on the Bundoran road sell both Beirne's & Barna Waste. They were offering one of Barna's clear recycling bags with every regular Barna bag bought up to a few weeks ago. Not sure if they still are, switched to Beirne's cos they're cheaper & they'll take any extra bags you leave beside the bin (unlike Barna who only seem to take the bin if it's filled to the brim-anything over & it's tough luck!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I think that's what most of them do,catreyn. They're really only meant to take what is in the bin,you're paying for a lift on the bin,nothing more.

Advertisement