Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer hasn't paid PAYE/PRSI, any issues?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 1:30pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks
    Someone might be able to give me some idea about this.

I was layed off there Friday after months and months of looking to get paid for my days, I am owed 15k euro

I then discovered that the employer hasn't paid my PRSI/PAYE to revenue.

So if he hasn't would it have any implications on my stamps or is this not a big issue?
    Is this even legal that he hasn't done this?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,507 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Seems to me you need some legal/accountant's advice on the 15k. Also contact social and tax office about the PRSI/PAYE. If you go to sign on this will become evident fairly quickly. You need to gather together your evidence of lack of payment and any other relevant documents and start chasing it pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

If employer has not paid PAYE/PRSI to Revenue, that is illegal.

Also, your PRSI is your stamps, so it is vital the employer pays over to Revenue.

Now, before you go accusing anyone of anything, be sure of your facts, particularly in relation to the failure to pay PAYE/PRSI to Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Slasher wrote: »
    If employer has not paid PAYE/PRSI to Revenue, that is illegal.

Also, your PRSI is your stamps, so it is vital the employer pays over to Revenue.

Now, before you go accusing anyone of anything, be sure of your facts, particularly in relation to the failure to pay PAYE/PRSI to Revenue.

The above is slightly misleading. Once the PAYE/PRSI has been deducted from your salary and your employer has made the relevant returns to the Revenue, it doesn't matter if the company has paid the outstanding balance to the Revenue or not.

Have you received a P45 and P60s for previous years showing the deductions and insurance weeks?

Re: the 15k - is the company still trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

yop wrote: »
    Folks
    Someone might be able to give me some idea about this.

I was layed off there Friday after months and months of looking to get paid for my days, I am owed 15k euro

I then discovered that the employer hasn't paid my PRSI/PAYE to revenue.

So if he hasn't would it have any implications on my stamps or is this not a big issue?
    Is this even legal that he hasn't done this?

Thanks very much.

call your local social welfare office straight away and quote you pps no. they will be able to tell you what you are entitled to.

if you employer did not make the appropiate returns (p35) then it should show up. If your employer did the retuens but paid no cash then your "stamps" are recorded and you should recieve some state benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Newaglish wrote: »
    The above is slightly misleading. Once the PAYE/PRSI has been deducted from your salary and your employer has made the relevant returns to the Revenue, it doesn't matter if the company has paid the outstanding balance to the Revenue or not.

Have you received a P45 and P60s for previous years showing the deductions and insurance weeks?

Re: the 15k - is the company still trading?

If the employer hasn't paid the guy's wages (15K) and hasn't paid the PAYE/PRSI to Revenue, it's a fair bet that he hasn't made the return either. That's the way I read it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aye the company is still trading, the man is on another planet, if I and the other man didn't force his hand to lay us off then he would continue on without payment to us.

I will have to speak to the Revenue and see.

He got a 300k grant from EI last Aug 2009 and now its blown, and EI don't give a fiddlers, quelle suprise!

Advertisement