Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes download fail

• 07-09-2010 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have recently purchased a new laptop and I have tried to download iTunes 5 times now. This includes trying to do this on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and downloading the current and old versions of it. No matter what, it says it is downloading but stops less than half way through. Downloading completely stalls.

My new laptop is an Acer timeline 3410t, and I think this could be the problem as there is no graphics card.

Could this be the problem or can anybody offer a solution? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

graphics card shouldn't make a difference. where are you trying to download it from, and what's your internet connection like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I have recently purchased a new laptop and I have tried to download iTunes 5 times now. This includes trying to do this on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and downloading the current and old versions of it. No matter what, it says it is downloading but stops less than half way through. Downloading completely stalls.

My new laptop is an Acer timeline 3410t, and I think this could be the problem as there is no graphics card.

Could this be the problem or can anybody offer a solution? :confused:

Is it the download that fails or the install? Your graphics card won't effect the download if you can start it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ailbheonolan

whiteman19 wrote: »
    graphics card shouldn't make a difference. where are you trying to download it from, and what's your internet connection like?

Connection is average and from both apple directly and an external source. I have tried everything I can think of.

grizzly wrote: »
    Is it the download that fails or the install? Your graphics card won't effect the download if you can start it.

The download, cant even get near install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Can you download other files from other sites. Eg can you download any .exe file or .pdf?

Failing that try http://www.downthemall.net/ (not sure if it's only Firefox specific). Worked for me when downloads were getting cut off midway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Connection is average and from both apple directly and an external source. I have tried everything I can think of.

Are you on mobile broadband? Or fixed? Mobile broadband could be casuing it to stall, best off using a download manager such as Free Download Manager, this tool handles reconnecting to downloads properly, As others said I can't see this being your integrated video card, if anything it could be a problem with the lan card or wifi card, but thats doubtful imo

Nick

chin_grin wrote: »
    Can you download other files from other sites. Eg can you download any .exe file or .pdf?

Failing that try http://www.downthemall.net/ (not sure if it's only Firefox specific). Worked for me when downloads were getting cut off midway.

Yup, I have Skype and Yahoo no problem. Will try that link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

+1 for DownThemAll. really handy extension for firefox

also try downloading iTunes from here

So I got the free download manager. It really doesnt seem to recognise what I want to download. It does so via URL and only downloads random stuff, not iTunes. Don't get it.

For downthemall do I need to download firefox first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So I got the free download manager. It really doesnt seem to recognise what I want to download. It does so via URL and only downloads random stuff, not iTunes. Don't get it.

For downthemall do I need to download firefox first?

Yeah, think it's specific to Firefox as an add on.

When you click to download iTunes you'll be asked how to download it (save etc). There should be a new box there to choose DownThemAll.

• Advertisement

Ok so I downloaded Firefox and downthemall. It loaded 62% and then stopped. It said there was a 'timeout' problem to I assumed it was the website. I then refreshed the page and it all started up again.

This time I got to 99% and now its stopped and won't start again.

Any clues?

Tried everything I can think of to solve this problem, including posting a new thread, but the nasty moderators have closed it because it interferes with the nature of the forum or some crap.

So has anybody any idea how to get passed 99% in firefox using downthemall................:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Use another machine to download with the same connection to test. Transfer this file to your machine if successful.

grizzly wrote: »
    Use another machine to download with the same connection to test. Transfer this file to your machine if successful.

I already tried this. I managed to download on my old laptop, via the same connection and save it to a flash disc. The new machine does not recognise the download for whatever reason......

So I have discovered its not just iTunes. It's anything large, downthemall via firefox says there is a time out issue...........this make sense to anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Sounds like your internet connection is a bit flaky - who's your ISP and how are you connecting? Can you take your laptop to someone else with broadband (work/friend/relative) and verify if large downloads are OK using their connection?

There's no point in starting multiple threads about the same problem. Better to keep all the details in one thread.

Snowbat wrote: »
    Sounds like your internet connection is a bit flaky - who's your ISP and how are you connecting? Can you take your laptop to someone else with broadband (work/friend/relative) and verify if large downloads are OK using their connection?

There's no point in starting multiple threads about the same problem. Better to keep all the details in one thread.

Mobile broadband from 3, which generally could be flaky but it was used 2 days ago to download iTunes on another machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Any update on this? I am having the same problem!

Advertisement