Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100km Bicycle Ambulance Cycle Challenge - 03/10/2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Really enjoyed the day. Always nice to put faces to a few more Boardies.

Thanks to the lads at Think Bike for putting on a great event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I managed to completely miss this thread but, as I cycled with a mate towards Enniskerry at an insanely early hour yesterday morning in my brand spanking new Boards jacket, I was loudly beeped at as I was passed by the ThinkBike van. At first I thought it was my lack of lights that caused the beep (it was that early and I was caught out by the dying of the light - of the atmospheric variety - my own lights were in fine condition in the shed at home) but then I remembered my attire.

We began to encounter many freshly stencilled TBs on the road. "Tour de Baguette" I confidently informed my friend - "sponsored by cuisine de France - very Euro don't you know". I think we must have cycled most of the route because we came across them everywhere. There is obviously no shortage of either yellow paint or petrol in the Rathmines area.

I now know that the large group we encountered supported by ambulances and the divil and all as we approached 'il poggio' on the way back into Enniskerry at 10.20 or so was you lot. I hope you all had a great day and that large amounts of cash were raised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

TenaciousB wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks to the lads in Thinkbike.

Really enjoyed the day and thought it was very well organised!

Was my first 100k so found it challenging enough in parts but was delighted to do it.

...also, met a few boards guys along the way, you seem a friendly, helpful bunch :)

We are so helpful it takes 5 of us to change a tube :)

Was good craic and thanks to ThinkBike for great organisation, food and marshalling. But not for that hill at the end.

This was my 4th ever Sportive and was a much smaller crowd than the others, which I really liked. Suspect if they do this next year it will be packed.

Felt OK starting off, but the night before caught up with me just as we hit Roundwood and I began to flag. Got dropped there and was on my own until Laragh. Shared the pain a bit from there until Rathdrum with a chap in a ThinkBike bib who was stuck in the big ring the whole way. Fair dues.

Met up again with BetterThanHoyte, Souter, Snollup and cdaly_ at the foodstop and we did the rest more or less together. One puncture and a wrong turn (which was my fault).

No idea of time or average speed as I don't have a computer.

New things for me - getting cramps in my left thigh and calf on the hill up to Enniskerry at the end. Putting this down to the fact that I had a few drinks the night before. Lesson learnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

i think i was last, stiil very proud of my self as i never have done anything near 100km... my time was 4h 27mins, what was the first time and where can i see photos which were taken on road?

Thanks to thinkbike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

byrybak wrote: »
    i think i was last, stiil very proud of my self as i never have done anything near 100km... my time was 4h 27mins, what was the first time and where can i see photos which were taken on road?

Thanks to thinkbike.

To be honest we are not sure who was fastest as yet as some people left before the official start time but will try and find out over the next day or so and with regard to the photos they hopefully should be up on the Thinkbike website by Wed / Thur latest, our own shop mechanic/photographer is currently sifting through over 500 photos so hopefully there should be some good snaps of the day.

on a personal note byrybak its people like you that make events like this..well done.and thanks

OK FOLKS SORRY FOR DELAY BUT PHOTOS FROM LAST SUNDAY WILL BE POSTED ON www.thinkbike.ie BY THE END OF TODAY ..... Enjoy..... I hope we got everyone. :D:D

OK BOYS AND GIRLS PHOTOS ARE UP ON NOW www.thinkbike.ie :D:D

Advertisement