Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easkey

Options
  • 07-09-2010 1:50pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, how big does the swell need to be for Easkey to work. It's around 2m at the moment with a period of around 9 seconds, wind is offshore more or less. Is that enough swell for it to work? I'd like to give it a go,but I've not been on a reef before and don't want to go out on it for the first time when it's huge. I hear the left is a fairly mellow wave compared to the right so aiming for that. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

It'd also depend on the swell direction, at 2m there should be a wave but nothing to big, check to see if enniscrone has a wave so at least you know you'll get in somewhere

wind guru is showing 1.4 m building to 1.7 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Not sure that Easkey is the best reef to paddle out at if you have not been on a reef before. It would be worth your while finding out about the tides in the area first, but if there is swell, expect a crowd there.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

When i firist started surfing, i bumped into a bloke in a bar who i knew as one of the long time locals, bit of small talk and i asked had he been out lately. He said he'd been to xxxx xxxx yesterday and that it was firing but he snapped his board on what turned out to be his last wave.

I as a complete novice at the time was intralled. I'd never even seen a barreling wave in the flesh, so I asked where's xxxx xxxx and his response has stuck with me for years. When your ready to surf it you'll know where it is.

Point is, once your ready to surf easky or any other reef, it's not going to be an issue, it's will just be a session.

Surfing is becoming more accessible then ever and most people seem to take the view that they can run when the can hardly crawl.

Advertisement