Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year Registration

• 07-09-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I was just wondering, what exactly do I need to bring with me to registration? Like what forms, etc? Or if you could tell anything else that I would need. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

You don't really need anything, but you should bring your cao number along so they can find you straight away on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tehPOK

Mark200 wrote: »
    You don't really need anything, but you should bring your cao number along so they can find you straight away on the computer.
    Cheers Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

What happens at registration? When do they take the awful photo for ID? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

zam wrote: »
    What happens at registration? When do they take the awful photo for ID? :P
    They confirm you are fully paid-up, and get you to sign some forms. They give you the rules of the college, and a diary. Your picture is taken and ID card printed on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Mark200 wrote: »
    computer.

Or big list of names that they have...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

So you don't need passport, birth cert, proof of acceptance or anything like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Just on the fully paid up thing - what if you are waiting to hear back from a Grant but are confident you will get it? I don't have any documentation for the grant yet

Lawliet wrote: »
    So you don't need passport, birth cert, proof of acceptance or anything like that?
    It wouldn't hurt to bring some photo ID, I'd say. Bring your CAO number, and proof that you've paid (either the ePay printout or the Giro counterfoil) to avoid any problems.
    Deaddude wrote: »
    Just on the fully paid up thing - what if you are waiting to hear back from a Grant but are confident you will get it? I don't have any documentation for the grant yet
    I couldn't possibly tell you, hopefully someone else will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

I send back the form regarding tuition fees in the orientation pack, but it also mentions student charges of 1585 euros. It goes on to say you can pay through epay.tcd.ie but I'm just getting a 404 from that, and from the epay link on the website. I have never received the Fee Payment Giro Form it mentions either.

Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

Laserhead wrote: »
    I send back the form regarding tuition fees in the orientation pack, but it also mentions student charges of 1585 euros. It goes on to say you can pay through epay.tcd.ie but I'm just getting a 404 from that, and from the epay link on the website. I have never received the Fee Payment Giro Form it mentions either.

Any advice?

According to another post, the Giro forms are only being handled at present. You'll receive it soon, then. As for ePay, well if it's 404ing you can just wait for the form I suppose. As long as it's in 5 days before you register, all will be well. At least, that's what I've been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

Well registration's on the 23rd, which gives me 10 days to get the damn thing in. That's comforting as long as it arrives within the week, the snail mail usually takes about 2-3 days from Donegal...

Laserhead wrote: »
    epay.tcd.ie but I'm just getting a 404 from that
    ePay is not a 24 hour service, it doesn't work at 2.30 in the morning. But it's up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

hi
    i've been hearing conflicting reports about what we need.
    some say nothing, as people have said in this thread but i have heard friends saying the following: (none have said all of them, some sound excessive)

-Photo ID
    -Proof of payment of 1585€/85
    -proof of grant if applicable
    -birth cert

It's quite confusing, help appreciated! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

hi
    i've been hearing conflicting reports about what we need.
    some say nothing, as people have said in this thread but i have heard friends saying the following: (none have said all of them, some sound excessive)

-Photo ID
    -Proof of payment of 1585€/85
    -proof of grant if applicable
    -birth cert

It's quite confusing, help appreciated! :)

You don't need your birth cert. It wouldn't do any harm to bring proof of grant if you have it, and proof of payment... just to avoid any problems in case they for whatever reason think they haven't received the right payment. But I've never needed those.

Pretty sure you don't need any ID.

When I registered in first year I brought nothing but the survey. You should bring your cao number because it'll make it easier for them to find you on their records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I didn't even bring the survey- they made me fill one in there. I showed up withnothing and got away with it. If you needed anything, theletters would tell you. God, I don't know how anyone figures things out themselves these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Groinshot wrote: »
    God, I don't know how anyone figures things out themselves these days.
    We don't. That's what the internet is for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 amlcig

ye i've a question about registration too..so i just paid there, and my registration 's on monday..so will i be ok? like will i still be allowed to register cos i know it'll take a few days to transfer the money...also i just paid on epay, so i also have to drop in that yellow FRS1 form? i'm so confused....

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Yeah you should be fine, you'll get an email in the next day or tow confirming that the fee's were paid online and just bring that email with you on reg day.
    I only sent my frs1 form there the other day and it should get there in plenty of time so don't worry about it!

ok cool... like if it doesn't go through or whatever, what can they do? cos i know i was supposed to pay 5 working days before...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

When you paid on epay did you print off the page that comes up at the end? That pretty much confirms that you have paid even if it hasnt gone through yet.

• Advertisement

grand so! i'll bring the form in tomo etc...cheers!

Advertisement