Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacker Qualifications

Options
  • 07-09-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Im just wonderin. u know the guys like c4eva, team jungle and others they must have PHD's or something or highly skilled as a fella on xbox-scene said he is a qualified electronic engineer and a very good programmer but he would never b able to do the things they do. Like im going starting second year in electronic and computer engineering and wouldnt b able to do anything with out guides maybe i might have more knowledge by the end of my degree and might have a different view point then!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Seriously man......I'm not a grammer nazi but that took 4 goes to understand, clean it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think a lot of them have serious programming abilties. The electronics skills come next. I've read that they were writing/compiling C++/Assembley/Flash and various programming languages from quite a young age.

They seem to be able to read up on hardware, and find programming vulnerabilities by analysing code, or developing their own methods to confuse/trigger certain things to happen, as in the Jailbreak case.

It's quite amazing what some of them have achieved, and a lot of them are so young too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

look at @comex and geohotz, apple's Nemesis's !! responsible for the iphone jailbreak scene, genius's also ! both 17 !

morale..get your kids coding

i have a 2 1/2 yr old boy ! he uses Qimo 4 kids Linux !

hopefully he'll be a world renound hacker some day ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

iPwnage wrote: »
    look at @comex and geohotz, apple's Nemesis's !! responsible for the iphone jailbreak scene, genius's also ! both 17 !

morale..get your kids coding

i have a 2 1/2 yr old boy ! he uses Qimo 4 kids Linux !

hopefully he'll be a world renound hacker some day ! :D

Yea hopefully he will!:)
    He could be on here in few years time telling people how to hack PS8 or wot ever number is out then.

But at the end of the day its down to him to do it himself like he might get to a certain age and lose interest in programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

But at the end of the day its down to him to do it himself like he might get to a certain age and lose interest in programming.
    thanks for the parenting tips ! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Learn assemble and c++. It would also help if you have plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Learn assemble and c++. It would also help if you have plenty of time.

Yea wasnt really lookin to become 1 myself i was more on the day i posted the thread really just thinking how skilled they were. But i was also thinking more recently how things would b if every highly skilled person became a hacker as a lot wouldnt even bother doing any kind of hacking.

Part of my degree i learn C, C++ and Java and also as well low level programming code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Yea wasnt really lookin to become 1 myself i was more on the day i posted the thread really just thinking how skilled they were. But i was also thinking more recently how things would b if every highly skilled person became a hacker as a lot wouldnt even bother doing any kind of hacking.

Part of my degree i learn C, C++ and Java and also as well low level programming code.

Check out a podcast called Hak5.

Advertisement