Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 3Mb 48:1 V Digiweb/Magnet 8Mb 12:1 for gaming

• 07-09-2010 2:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys im looking to move away from eircom.
    Im on their 3 meg bb and wondering would Magnet swift be any better?
    Basically eircom users in our town are seeing massive slowdown in the evenings for months now,obviously a contention issue as its fine in off peak hours.
    I think their contention for 3 meg is either 24:1 or 48:1 ?
    Magnet swift is 12:1 but using eircoms exchange and lines.

These are my only options in the town and i wonder would the magnet or Digiweb offer with lower contention help the slowdown at peak hours?
    Also is it any hassle dropping eirsom for magnet? ie do they slow up the process?

Just to add Digiweb 8mb service is also available with a 12:1 contention.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

If you were willing to pay for the 8mb on digiweb with 12:1 contention they would be best but since they all still use eircom exchanges it might not be guarenteed that you would get the full speed ..however 12:1 contention is alot better than 48:1 on eircon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers for that, do eircom give any hassle when i want to change over?

Im nearly sure that they shouldn't be to bad in letting you switch over is your contract up with eircom yet?they may give hassle if you are still in contract tough.their service has degraded in most areas this past few months even notice slow downs after 6pm here when using a friends eircom connection :rolleyes:

Im with eircom about 5 years, im assuming i can terminate it anytime now?
    Usually after the first 12 months i assumed.

Ah right well then you shouldnt have much problems at all all switching over since you are with them over 5 years now :)

• Advertisement

Anyone else any experiences going from eircom 3Mb 48:1 to Digiweb or Magnet 8 Mb with 12:1 contention?

Advertisement