Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons

Options
  • 07-09-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

When is heatons Sligo Store opening ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I heard it was the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

September 30th
    DEPARTMENT store chain Heatons are to open their new outlet in Sligo on Thursday, September 30.

And the company have told the Sligo Weekender that they will employ around 50 people in the new store.

David Myers, Heatons Group Operations Manager said: “As our brand continues to thrive we are delighted to be opening our first store in Sligo. This is now our 53rd store in Ireland and we look forward to bringing our expertise in quality, value and service to Sligo.”

The spacious 12,000 square feet shop will be in the Castlewood development in Castle Street.

The shop will occupy most of the retail space in the new building developed by the Quinn family on the site of the former Woods shop and yard.

The four-storey building incorporates the former shop building and stretches from Castle Street down to Rockwood Parade and also includes Kennedy’s pub on Rockwood Parade, with apartments overhead.

The new store will also house Sports World at Heatons, carrying an extensive range of sportswear and clothing as well as footwear and equipment.

It will also have Partymor, which is described as a one-stop party shop, with everything needed for any occasion and celebration.

The company presently has four shops in Connacht – in Carrick-on-Shannon, Ballina, Castlebar and Roscommon.

They also have stores in Enniskillen and Letterkenny. They have a further 20 shops in Leinster, 15 in Connacht and 13 in Munster.

Heatons have already advertised for managerial staff. They were seeking a general manager, assistant managers, trainee managers and a Sports World supervisor.

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/tabId/451/itemId/3694/Heatons-to-employ-50-in-new-store.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

thanks for the speedy replies guys,had it in my head that it was tomorrow the 8th,another few weeks to wait so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just what I need, another store that my wife will get 'lost' in.

I see Heatons are to finally to open tomorrow,was past the shop yesterday and it was a hive of activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Its great to see something opening up rather than closing down!! Lets hope to see more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone else as unimpressed with Heaton's as I was?

It's great to have it and all.. but the men and women's clothes sectons squeezed into one tiny corner? But then 8 rows of homewares and toys. They some take some lessons from the store in Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was hoping the big amount of toys was just because they were on special offer.
    I'm not impressed with the womens clothes but that goes for all the Heatons.
    It's nice to see more people going down Castle Street now.

basquille wrote: »
    Anyone else as unimpressed with Heaton's as I was?

It's great to have it and all.. but the men and women's clothes sectons squeezed into one tiny corner? But then 8 rows of homewares and toys. They some take some lessons from the store in Carrick.

i was thinking this to myself but i kind of put the shop been tight due to the big crowds on the opening day when i was in,its not like carrick maybe it isnt the same ground space but then again the lay out isnt like it either or the one in cavan either.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I mean the massive amount of toys might be due to the Christmas period almost (well.. there's no "almost" about it judging from Tesco and Penneys) upon us.

But regardless, there was very little space dedicated to clothes (their clothes can be quite decent.. better quality than Penneys and roughly the same price) and far too much dedicated to homewares and toys.

Myself and girlfriend always pick something up when in Carrick.. we came out of the Sligo store empty-handed.

• Advertisement

its great to see it open at the same time, maybe it was some sort of mess up in the panic of getting open they might still have fine tuning of the layout,heres hoping anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

All stores dedicate extra space to toys and xmas decorations at this time of year. No doubt by the end of the January sales they'll have a lot more floor space dedicated to the fashion side of things :)

Advertisement