Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Federation Of Competitive Eaters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Glutton Number One

Anyone else a regular at the epicrean food hall on Liffey St? The all you can eat buffet's are excellent for practicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Glutton Number One

An article about me was printed in the Daily Star last Friday...

I'M A FAT, MEAN EATING MACHINE
    Ex-gym instructor becomes eathlete

A former gym instructor's belly has gone from flat to fat from training to be Ireland's champion eater and trying to make food eating a pro-sport here. Neil Thomas from Dublin has gained around 3st since taking up eating as a sport.
    "Thats a side effect to it," he told The Star, adding that his eating name is Glutton Number 1. "I'm now proud to call myself a fat, gluttonous, eating machine," he said. "Part of the training for competitive eating is stomach stretching - so you can increase capacity. You must eat a huge amount of food as fast as you can. It isn't the healthiest sport to participate in but it is addictive. I used to be in pretty good shape. It turns out, there is only one thing now that I'm passionate about, that is competitive eating."
    'Eathlete Neil said he believes it could become a popular sport in Ireland, following it's popularity in the US where people compete for money. Neil, who trains at all-you-can-eat buffets in Dublin says he has yet to compete for money, but has already done some competitions with pals. "I've done ten double quarter pounders from McDonald's in 18 minutes. That's 4,400 calories, and that's my greatest feat so far," he said. "It's a sport that has enjoyed massive success in America and I want to bring it here to Ireland."
    Neil has set up a Facebook group called the Irish Federation of Competitive Eaters.

Advertisement