Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2

Options
  • 07-09-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

whats the story with the rumours of them playin the aviva next month?? any truth in this...sunday indo had an article bout it and forums seem to be talking it up too!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I couldn't tell you anything specific about this rumour but just to note every time something new is opened in this country there is a rumour of U2 playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I'd say they will play the Aviva at some stage alright, I really doubt it will be next month tho! I mean come on it takes these guys about a month of planning to change a song in the set! If this is officially happening Bono will let everyone know again and again and again and yet again, hahahaha,

There is rumors of them playing Belfast circulating too, so maybe next summer, they will play Ireland around the same time they'll do Glastonbury, (that is if they do Glastonbury)

Be great to see the guys again, there is still a bad taste in my mouth after the underwhelming Croke Park gig I seen last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Be great to see the guys again, there is still a bad taste in my mouth after the underwhelming Croke Park gig I seen last year!

That's because U2 were playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I would be surprised if this is true. Afterall this would indicate a THIRD European leg of the 360 tour. Apparently though various sources have said it including Snow Patrol who are rumored to have told fans they will be supporting U2 in Dublin. However I am thinking it is more likely that U2 will headline the 30th Anniversary of Slane next summer instead - with Snow Patrol and various other big bands supporting. Yes it would mean the stage wouldnt be there but if they are playing Glasto then a non 360 show in another field a few days later or before would make sense. After the nightmare of Slane last year with Oasis I hope they play Aviva though. I too was underwhelmed with the Monday Croker gig U2 did last summer - they seemed to be going through the motions tbh - very little energy shown and nowhere near up to their usual standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

yogicolly wrote: »
    whats the story with the rumours of them playin the aviva next month?? any truth in this...sunday indo had an article bout it and forums seem to be talking it up too!!!

Defo not, all European dates have been confirmed. Stong rumour for Glastonbury next June which would be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

yogicolly wrote: »

More chance of me playing the Aviva next month tbh.

Large scale concerts take alot of preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

there is also a rumour of EMINEM playing the aviva in October :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

there is also a rumour of EMINEM playing the aviva in October :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Unlikely, as said earlier big shows nowadays need a long lead in for ticket sales. People also need notice to fit a gig into their schedule.

There was talk of belfast as well before the end of the year. The aviva would not surprise me as im sure they need to recoup some money to pay for the stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I suspect U" could do anything they wanted to but 5 nights in the Aviva is still 200,000 tickets to sell. Doubt if they could be shifted in a few weeks. Plus they are heading down under in the next while. I'd say next year is a far more realistic proposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

BrianD wrote: »
    I suspect U" could do anything they wanted to but 5 nights in the Aviva is still 200,000 tickets to sell. Doubt if they could be shifted in a few weeks. Plus they are heading down under in the next while. I'd say next year is a far more realistic proposition.

Where did this 5 night rumor come from?!!?

No Way could they do that! there not the band they once were, sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

BrianD wrote: »

That's definitely not true. The planning permission for the Aviva only allows 2 or 3 (I'm not sure which, but no more) concerts a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

After the Croker gig last year they can play Aviva for 100 nights as far as I'm concerned I won’t be going.

Talk about milking it.

Advertisement