Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection question, could use an answer soon.

• 07-09-2010 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

Hey all. In my place at the minute on a dongle from 3 and seriously missing my online gaming and downloading. The thing is my house mate is an older fella and not interested at all in getting broadband but we do have basic cable with NTL. I don't think there's any convincing him to get the net, in his name especially, when he doesn't even own or use computers. So the question is would I be able to get NTL broadband installed in the house myself even though there's already somebody with a connection?

I should say I have the option of moving house and I'll have to make a decision soon. Broadband is my only sticking point here, I'd like to stay otherwise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I just called NTL there and they told me no one is registered with them at my address. They got the address right so I'm not sure what to think. We get a bill in the door from them, we have the channels. I told the woman I was speaking to this. She didn't really pay much note and I organised an installation time.. Not sure how that will go but might as well blunder on through and see if I can come out with decent internet.

Advertisement