Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for Netbook and Camera while travelling

Options
  • 07-09-2010 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey all,

Just had a question for anyone who may be able to help. I am heading travelling in Novemeber for 2 months in south east asia and then on to australia. I am bringing a netbook worth about €300 and a camera worth about €600. The problem is I was going to go with World Nomads but they only cover €100 per item up to max of €500. Does anyone else have any experience in this or any advice?? If I need to get seperate insurance what is the best one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

paddy8s wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just had a question for anyone who may be able to help. I am heading travelling in Novemeber for 2 months in south east asia and then on to australia. I am bringing a netbook worth about €300 and a camera worth about €600. The problem is I was going to go with World Nomads but they only cover €100 per item up to max of €500. Does anyone else have any experience in this or any advice?? If I need to get seperate insurance what is the best one?

to be honest, its probably not worth insuring them if they are only worth $900 - how long will you be in Oz...the bets way is to probably include them in house insurance in Ireland or House/Renters insurance in Oz. Make sure the insurance allows cover for travel also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 paddy8s

but i don't have my own home insurance, is it possible to add it to my parents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

then i'd probably forget about it - not worth the hassle or cost for a cheaper camera and netbook...

Advertisement