If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung ps50c550 or ps50c580

Options
  • 07-09-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

first time using the feature.. would you be able to get your hand on either of the above (and if so at what cost (GBP - I am NI based and can collect))

I am looking for a decent 42-50inch plasma with DLNa/mkv support if possible, and although not as good picture quality as the panny G20, this ticks a few of my other boxes,

cheers,
    km

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

bump bump :)

I guess either of these TVs cannot be stocked? Samsung.com has richersounds down as part of the UK dealer network (checked last week)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there and apologies for the late reply.

These models are two that we don't stock.

Unfortunately our purchasing guys pick models from certain manufacturers and the only that one that stock from Samsung at the moment is the 6900.

The other model that we bring in, which is a cheaper alternative but still supports various media via USB is the LG 50PK790.

I suupose it depends on what the draw to the Samsungs were.

I hope this helps but if you have any other queries, please let us know.

ATB

Dave

Thanks for the info and explanation,

I got a bit of a bargain on a Samsung le40c580 (actually a le40c550, but same for my purposes..) so I will keep with that for a while then look around again for a front room plasma near the end of the 'TV year'.

I was drawn to the Samsung as their DLNA system (allshare) supported the most codecs etc. Panasonics didn't do so much and the LGs had little infor on their site.. but after more research I may return to these,

Cheers,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

I would suggest looking into a few of the LG's at the moment as the quality of the screens that they are coming out with are superb for the price.

If they have the features then don't pass them by.

Most of the higher end screens do support various multimedia formats.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.