Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Airsoft Camp

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Airsoft Daz

hey could i just show up next saturday or would i have to be invited??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

just show up man. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 interesteduser

Will post this in adverts thread as well just thought I'd see if any fellow LAC's had the following for sale:

- Scope (red dot preferably) for a g36c
    - 1 or 2 spare mags for g36c
    - forward grip

Hopefully see ye next Sat morning!

Have you guys got rental guns ect jus thinkin of bringin a few guys new to airsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Have you guys got rental guns ect jus thinkin of bringin a few guys new to airsoft?

Ive PM'd you Dennis's No, he can look after any queries you have:)

• Advertisement

Thanks much apreciated.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Will there be a big crowd going this Saturday....?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

ll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

back from poland tonight so will definitely be there (I swear :D) on Saturday..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Weather/mood/severity of hangover Dependant might be there Sat,
    was hoping to get real steel shooting this weekend so not sure yet.

Would have liked to have had time to change the hop up on the OSW
    as it was firing left then right and anyplace but center with crap range last day,
    and turning the hop up on or off did not seem to do anything at all.
    it looks like pain in the ass of a gun to dis-assemble and get at the barrel
    (and I dont actually have a replacement hop up to put into it) would like to get a Shredder concave hop-up nub too) Stuck Deans on it last night and a 9.6 makes the rate of fire OK, so need to sort out the accuracy, range and also the fact it skips a few BB's every few shots. Theres a little piece you can stick on top of a sector gear that I'm told helps for high speed gear boxes which mine is not, so one of those may help if I dare ever to open it up.
    (at some stage I'll arrive with a gun that actually works and does not break down! the G2010 stopped the last time,
    and after I got home last week the 1000rnd Mag on the OSW I noticed had cracked plastic on the top of it Grrr.
    and the Eotech red reticle switches itself off with any vibration and the green reticle cant be seen during daylight)

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

The piece you mean is a DELAYER it holds the tappet plate open for a wee bit longer you can also get it from RSOV

A few Eotechs have a sort of inbuilt switch that turns them off of due to excess vibration, I believe this is to stop people using them on real steel
    I guess some of these switch are a bit too sensitive

You could always shim the gearbox and fit a silent piston/piston head so as to reduce the vibration caused by the piston head impacting the cylinder head
    Both of those should help reduce overall vibrations produced by the moving parts in the gearbox plus a proper shim job will also bring with it an increase in ROF due to the smother running of all the spinning parts

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

i'm hoping to be there as long as nothing from work pops up.

DeBurca wrote: »
    The piece you mean is a DELAYER it holds the tappet plate open for a wee bit longer you can also get it from

Thats the part! was looking at it on Airsofteire last night.
    Dont know if thats the issue yet, as I was only using an 8.4v battery with no modification to the gearbox at the time. It fires fines for every so often you can see on occasion it dryfires, switched mags but same thing happens.
    (First things first still need to strip the gun to poke around with it)

Actually if I make it out to LAC again I'll bring my Laser Range finder with me. its fairly accurate once a distance is over 20m out to 800-1000m so it would be interesting to make note of the actual distance between certain areas of the CQB area
    so you will know for sure about engagements distances. I kept seeing people open fire when they were way too far away,
    and I was probably making the same mistake only being a little closer to the target.
    I was going to make note of certain distances, as when fireing I was 100% sure my BB's were reaching and hitting someone on one or more occasion but I did not see them react to them.
    eg: They fired at me from some cover towards the Bus I was in. I could hear the BB's impact on the metal of the bus, I fire back and see no reaction.
    Making me wonder if the BB's are falling short hitting the ground and I only think! that they are reaching the other person.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I won't be there but i'll be there next wknd, finally get a saturday off yay :D , itching for a game, and hopefully i get the next saturday off, the sunday for Bandon.. Really want to try out the new scope i got too..

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

I will be there with one other

Had a great day today. first time I've run about a bit.(rather than strolling)
    Really helped drinking less the night before, felt a bit of energy and lighter on my feet than usual. As I mentioned every single time I go airsofting something breaks.
    Today it was the CA AUG that locked up 5mins after using it and and the top of SA58 hi-cap mag that broke when I tripped and landed flat on my face. At one stage was running forward and I noticed a hare was running right along side me, before he darted away terrified of the people dressed in camo.

~B

Sorry to hear that one of your guns locked up bullets...
    Although i have to say it was a really enjoyable day today, even though i may have gotten carried away with myself at times.......i swear that gun just changes me whenever im using it...:rolleyes::):D.....

Glad to see the olds faces again......

Hey guys whats the story with the pistols game this saturday, i'm assuming there will be normal(ish:D) games too.. i'll need to get a pistol anyway, so i'll need tonys magic van :D

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Hey guys whats the story with the pistols game this saturday, i'm assuming there will be normal(ish:D) games too.. i'll need to get a pistol anyway, so i'll need tonys magic van :D

Might do cqb which is a bit more intense than with aegs, we all have to get closer to each other to get a better shot..:D

200rd nade PISTOL;) for the win :D

Then there is that whole thing of actually being able to get a Pistol
    to fire an entire mag (in this weather) without jamming, misfireing or venting.
    Reckon CO2's and NBB'r's would have the advantage.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭son-of-plunder

*roots out shotgun* hmmm i think thatll do, now just to get some more shells :) (can hear hear the bank account screaming in pain already) Not sure if ill be down yet, damn 21st on saturday nite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

bullets wrote: »
    Then there is that whole thing of actually being able to get a Pistol
    to fire an entire mag (in this weather) without jamming, misfireing or venting.
    Reckon CO2's and NBB'r's would have the advantage.

~B

I can get two mags out of a fill of gas in my USP compact :D and i have 4 mags for it..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

woohoohoo....pistol skirmish :)
    must dig out my dual M9's for it :D

How did the Pistol games go today ?

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

bullets wrote: »
    How did the Pistol games go today ?

~B

My pistol kept venting!:(

anyone going this sat?

Good day. Saturday some good games. Although having to put almost a mag into into people before they call hit can get annoying. Loved having to climb onto the bus. got riddled up there. That was a good game until it was ended early. The second game wasn't as good.

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Good day. Saturday some good games. Although having to put almost a mag into into people before they call hit can get annoying. Loved having to climb onto the bus. got riddled up there. That was a good game until it was ended early. The second game wasn't as good.

it was fair funny im sorry but i saw u climb that thing from my sniper post through my scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

I'm planning on going on sat

• Advertisement

Im hoping to be there myself :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement