Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corn Snakes

Options
  • 07-09-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of help. My son has been offered a baby corn snake from a friend of the family. I'm basically looking for some info regarding what I need for the tank, heat pads etc. and any info in much appreciated as I know zilch about snakes :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Looking for a bit of help. My son has been offered a baby corn snake from a friend of the family. I'm basically looking for some info regarding what I need for the tank, heat pads etc. and any info in much appreciated as I know zilch about snakes :)

you might not get much help here as you have posted in the wrong forum;) but you will need a good size vivarium about 2.5 ft x 2ft would be good also a heat mat,hide,vermiculite/substrait/,spray bottle for daily misting and a shallow bowel for water which should be sat over the heat to keep humidity levels up also a temp gauge
    cron snakes are a very good starter snake for the novice handler they are wuite placid and get to being handled. always make sure there is plenty of water in the bowel
    a baby corn snake will eat 2-3 pinkie mice a week [about 1 euro each]
    hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

(Mods please move to correct forum) Cheers Pokertalk, didn't realise there's a seperate forum. Another few questions if you don't mind, where's the best place to buy these products and is there a good dedicated forum that you'd recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

(Mods please move to correct forum) Cheers Pokertalk, didn't realise there's a seperate forum. Another few questions if you don't mind, where's the best place to buy these products and is there a good dedicated forum that you'd recommend.

just shop around a few pet stores and look online for 2nd hand vivs prob better goin online eg gumtree and there will be a few there then the other stuff like the hide and water bowl plus decor for the viv would be fairly cheap also get a rock or something and put it in so it can aid the shedding process by rubing off it. when the shed there eyes will glaze over and the snake will turn pale make sure there is plenty of water being sprayed to keep the humidity up during this process and probably best not to handle the snake during this process of shedding as you are more likely to get bitten:D but if you do dont worry its not painfull.also make sure you and your son wash your hands after handling gine em a good scrub:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Pokertalk seems to have covered it, but i', sure you are bound to have a million more Questions soon!
    www.herpireland.com is an excellent excellent forum and they'll give you all the help you need:):)

Advertisement