Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pravda. Gone?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Is Pravda now gone? (Russian bar on Liffey St) & if so what is it replaced with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Nope, it's still there. Well it was about 3 weeks ago when I was in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It's getting done up.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

changed name to "the grand social" about 3 weeks ago. There are some renovations going on though, for the last few months or so, but it's still open.

At least it is on Fridays when I've been there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's now called the Grand Social.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Was only there last week and if there has been massive renovations it still looks exactly the same as it did 2 and a half years ago when I was last in there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Jay D wrote: »
    Was only there last week and if there has been massive renovations it still looks exactly the same as it did 2 and a half years ago when I was last in there...

You must have been loaded that night 2 and a half years ago. :p
    They've removed all the russian interior elements and now it looks like a bog standard bar. The upstairs isn't open any longer (or the stairs are now blocked off) and its generally a worse bar. I was there last Friday and I used to like it but wouldnt be bothered going back again, the music sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I believe they are making an even bigger upstairs area. Crap name though, I liked the Commie theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fringe Festival are using it for a venue for the next while anyway.

photo.jpeg

They've probably gotten rid of the MASK comic books glued to the walls outside the jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

WindSock wrote: »
    I liked the Commie theme.

Same here, was something different. And as someone posted the music now is muck, was in there a few Fridays back and ended up leaving after an hour, no more €4 pints either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

WindSock wrote: »
    I believe they are making an even bigger upstairs area. Crap name though, I liked the Commie theme.

I liked the theme too. It was like a toned down Komrades from Waynes world!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh wow... That would be awesome if they get to name the place after Hector Grey.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

They've probably gotten rid of the MASK comic books glued to the walls outside the jacks.
    Well they were still there on Friday night along with the pictures of the cosmonauts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Diceicle wrote: »
    You must have been loaded that night 2 and a half years ago. :p
    They've removed all the russian interior elements and now it looks like a bog standard bar. The upstairs isn't open any longer (or the stairs are now blocked off) and its generally a worse bar. I was there last Friday and I used to like it but wouldnt be bothered going back again, the music sucks.

They're hardly massive renovations ;)

It's the same come on, even down to the insert baby here? You know what I'm talking about!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jay D wrote: »
    It's the same come on, even down to the insert baby here? You know what I'm talking about!! :)

Still remember the first time I seen that, had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I popped in on Saturday (Oct 2nd) after 8pm. No music playing, horrible lighting and nasty bland decor. Shame, but it was in it's way down as Pravda for more than the last year. Went from fun to depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I was there lastnight and left after one beer as it was half empty, there was no music and I didn't like the changes they made at all. They have basically sucked all the charm and uniqueness from the bar and replaced it with total blandness. Too bad, it used to be a nice place.

Advertisement