Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mercurys

Options
  • 07-09-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

On tonight, any ideas, bookies are tipping 'the xx', could 'dizzie get a second, what about 'weller', 'mumford and sons' (my fav of the last year), 'laura marling'.

Full list of nominations are

Biffy Clyro 'Only Revolutions'
    Villagers 'Becoming A Jackal'
    Corinne Bailey Rae 'The Sea'
    Mumford & Sons ‘Sigh No More’
    Paul Weller 'Wake Up The Nation'
    Wild Beasts 'Two Dancers'
    Kit Downes Trio ‘Golden’
    Laura Marling 'I Speak Because I Can'
    Dizzee Rascal 'Tongue N’ Cheek'
    Foals 'Total Life Forever'
    I Am Kloot 'Sky At Night'
    The xx 'xx'

Personally, only knowing one of the their songs and even before seeing the bookies odds, i think the xx will get it, just something about them that the panal seem to go for, their new, and different, just a shame i dont have the beeb to watch it on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

The xx would be the obvious winner which is why I don't think they'll get it. I don't think they deserve it either.

I'd be happy if Villagers, Wild Beasts, Kit Downes Trio or Foals won it. Hopefully Biffy, xx or Dizzee won't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The xx got it. Good band, not my kind of stuff really.

Do you have to be pregnant to work for BBC music now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

The xx were ok but Villagers and Laura Marling far better

Advertisement