Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Laudrup has cancer...

• 07-09-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6363714,00.html
    Former Denmark forward Brian Laudrup has revealed he is undergoing treatment for cancer.

The 41-year-old, who enjoyed a highly successful spell with Rangers from 1994-98 during which time he won three league titles, has been diagnosed with a mild form of lymphoma.

"I am obviously shocked by the diagnosis, but also know that there is now a tough battle ahead of me - a battle I will win," Laudrup told TV3, where he works as a commentator.

"Fortunately, I have had very optimistic reports from doctors to support me."

The former Bayern Munich, Fiorentina, Chelsea and Ajax star added: "I now want to use my energy to get over the shock and take time with my family and those closest to me, so together we can move forward after this diagnosis."

Laudrup scored 21 goals in 82 matches for Denmark and helped his country to European Championship glory in 1992. He was named Danish player of the year on four occasions

Quality Player... Get well soon Brian.

Obligatory youtube clip:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

"I am obviously shocked by the diagnosis, but also know that there is now a tough battle ahead of me - a battle I will win," Laudrup told TV3, where he works as a commentator.

Fantastic attitude, which is very important with cancer. Wish him all the best.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

What a legend. Get well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Get well soon. Used to play as Denmark in FIFA just to have him. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

From what they were saying on SSN the prognosis sounds quite positive. Get well soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Sad to hear that... hopefully he will make a full recovery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Fuc*ing Cancer Again ! Bast*rding scourge .

Speedy recovery Brian .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Remember him as a major threat when Ireland played Denmark in the 94 world cup Qualifiers, hope he has a speedy recovery! Get Well Soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Didnt realise he worked for TV3

One of my all time heroes. Probably only beaten by Ally McCoist in terms of "Favourite player ever" status.

Get well soon Brian, i hope you leave it in the same state as you left so many defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Great player, reminds me of a right footed version of Ryan Giggs.

Get well soon dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,846 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eirebear wrote: »

Me either I had quite a crush on him during France 98 :o I hope he makes a speedy recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Which one was the better player him or his brother ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fantastic player, seems like he has a great attitude going through this. Hope he gets well soon.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Me either I had quite a crush on him during France 98 :o I hope he makes a speedy recovery
    Eirebear wrote: »

Not the Irish TV3, it's the Danish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Which one was the better player him or his brother ?

His brother, by quite some distance. Thats not to say Brian was a bad player, he was fantastic in his own rite.

Get well soon though Brian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

As I'm half Danish this is quite a shock. I'll never forget his goal to equalise against Brazil in '98, and the celebration is sublime. It absolutely elated me a 15 year old kid when I was over there on my Summer hols:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Superb player to watch. Hope he makes a speedy recovery. My sister is just recovering from having a form of lymphoma, so hopefully his is very treatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

A joy to watch....... Get well soon Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Shocking that a young healthy man can be struck down with what is such a cruel and insidious disease. Here's hoping he makes a speedy recovery - he has everything on his side to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Was amazing for The Rangers. Get well soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Total legend in Sensible Soccer 96/97. Old skool.

Wish him well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

brilliant player, from my favorite era. none of that celebrity crap back then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

World class,
    A tag that is thrown about to easily these days on average players.
    He was a true world class player who loved every minute of playing and always entertained the crowd and showed he was best player on the pitch no matter what so called big names were in opposing team!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

hopefully he gets better a horrible horrible disease for anyone to get

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

All the best to him in his fight against this.
    I have seen some great players playing for The Rangers over the years and he is up there with the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Always was in the shadow of his brother imo, who was the most underrated footballer of all time, easily up there with the Cryuff's and Zidane's of this world. However, times like these make football seem insignificant, so I hope he gets better, and his optimism should be commended.

Advertisement