Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grants 2010

• 07-09-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I applied for a grant through my Local Authority. I havn't heard anything back yet. I'm expecting to get a grant as my brother got one a few years ago and income hasn't changed for the better.

So do I just turn up on Thursday with the registration forms etc and explain it to BIT? I havn't got a letter back from my local authority or anything about my grant.

Any ideas on what I should do?

I'm thinking of showing up with all my forms filled in etc and explain to them i'm waiting to here back from my local authority etc?

Regards,

Shano.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

As long as you have the letter from your local authority saying you are getting the grant then bring that with you.

If not you have to pay the 1500€ and bring section 1(top half) of the giro with you to registration. You will be reimbursed the money, assuming you are approved, into your bank account in a few weeks.

That's my understanding of it anyway. Had to pay the fee yesterday as I still havn't heard anything from Meath VEC yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Macca3000 wrote: »
    As long as you have the letter from your local authority saying you are getting the grant then bring that with you.

If not you have to pay the 1500€ and bring section 1(top half) of the giro with you to registration. You will be reimbursed the money, assuming you are approved, into your bank account in a few weeks.

That's my understanding of it anyway. Had to pay the fee yesterday as I still havn't heard anything from Meath VEC yet :rolleyes:

Aye I havn't heard anything:/ I'll ring the admissions office tomorrow in blanch and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

If you don't get the grant letter in time for registration just say you are expecting to receive the grant and you will bring in the letter when you get it. They don't have a problem with it.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

kenon wrote: »
    If you don't get the grant letter in time for registration just say you are expecting to receive the grant and you will bring in the letter when you get it. They don't have a problem with it.

Well that could work. Damn it I paid 1500 already. Trying to do things by the book. And I took out a loan to pay for it and all. I will be wiser next year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

Just to echo what Kenon said...I didn't get the grant letter until the start of the second semester last year and the fees only got paid then! You don't need to worry about it that much just explain you haven't heard yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Does anyone know where i can download the HEA grant application forms. they've none left in the fingal offices they told me to download from studentfinance.ie but cant find it on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

For those of you who can avail of grants, There a form called a spidas, you can get from the vec, they dont give much but its still something, There giving me a small amount, towards my reg fees but its better then nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bulgie

has anybody got the €1500 registration fess refunded yet??

Advertisement