Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yahoo mail App for Android, (Its CRAP!)

• 07-09-2010 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find the yahoomail APP is just complete and utter crap compared to how yahoo was on the Iphone?

Takes forever and a day to start up, downloading a message is just plain painful!

Using the browser to access mail is a hell of a lot quicker, but for some reason when I go to open PDF files it tells me 'file type not supported'
    NB, I can access the PDF files perfectly when using the APP, just have trouble trying to view them accessing mail via browser.

Using a Samsung Galaxy S on Three.ie btw
    Anyone any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

To be honest i just find logging into yahoo mail on the browser to be grand and easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

To be honest i just find logging into yahoo mail on the browser to be grand and easy.

yeah, I have no arguments there, just wondering why it wont open the PDF files
    on the browser, but has no bother in the app, and using gmail?

Need to access some PDF files (as invoices) when on the road with work.

Gucky wrote: »
    yeah, I have no arguments there, just wondering why it wont open the PDF files
    on the browser, but has no bother in the app, and using gmail?

Need to access some PDF files (as invoices) when on the road with work.
    Never tried it for anything like that to be honest. To be honest it dont seem to get great reviews from people on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

You can try to configure Yahoo as a regular email account using IMAP. I took the server details from the following page, and it works fine on my Nokia 5800

(although bizarrely, only when using my 3G data connection - won't work on wi-fi or on any PC-based IMAP client!)

http://www.crasseux.com/linux/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Good lord its 2010, I cant believe people still use yahoo mail! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Shockingly bad - had the initial one but the follow up was dire too.
    Beyond clueless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

draffodx wrote: »

Meh....

Does my job ok, have an outlook one for work, but I find this to be handy for web based emails, and eliminates me giving my work email address to some folk, as it contains info on where I actually work @ myemployersname.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Believe.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30684_3-10311150-265.html
    (Well the article is a year old but the difference between providers back then is huge).

Not everyone wants to follow the Google sheep... I dont like there email always preferred Yahoo and i am used to it at this stage.

Advertisement