Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killing Time

• 07-09-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi there; a new student here heading into the IT this year.

One of the things that has always puzzled me is what to do between classes... I know after a few weeks you'll find a schedule of study or something to do...

But what do current students advise to do between classes? Also about the clubs/societies: they start at the end of the month? Will they be open all day or only certain times?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

As for things to do between classes, there is the common room with computers, pool tables and coffee shop.
    There's the bar, the gym, emm the library.
    I'm sure you'll find something to do.

Can't remember exactly when it is, think it might be next week or the week after, but they have a clubs and society day in the hall where you can sign up for whatever you want.
    Would certainly be something I would recommend going to as there are quite a few clubs and societies, so it's good to see what is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'd imagine the clubs and societies day would be part of freshers week which is the week after you start.

Killing 4 hours will be hard enough.

Go for food.
    The common room.
    The library.
    Head into town.
    Go to the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Starbucks
    Food
    Pool
    Bar
    Gym
    Library
    Internet
    Hang out in common room
    Hang out in student union

there is always something to do honestly , once you start meeting people your laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Starbucks? 2.50 for a coffee?? No thanks mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

There is the MPC for a game of 5 a side if its free, do they still let you do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

draffodx wrote: »
    There is the MPC for a game of 5 a side if its free, do they still let you do that?

yeah and plus you have JJb down the road also that does student rates also.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Whats the Mpc?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Multi-Purpose Centre.

It sounds nice, you can play indoor football or do martial arts etc. But you also do exams in there.

Ugh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Had a 4 hour gap last year on a Tuesday and went to the Cinema - also happened to be 'Student Tuesday' so the tickets were dirt cheap

Multi-Purpose Centre.

It sounds nice, you can play indoor football or do martial arts etc. But you also do exams in there.

Ugh ;)
    Cool...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

The MPC is basically a big massive hall.

Aw i saw it.
    How could you miss it ha all the desks.:(

Advertisement