Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Request - Engine for Citroen Kontiki 1984-94

• 07-09-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

(Mods - move this if in wrong place - thanks)

Friends in trouble - engine seized on Kontiki (Citroen based) - timing belt went. They are looking for a complete engine - any ideas?

The details are:
    2.5 TD
    U25/673 or CRD93LS

It would have been in the following vehicles:

Citroen C25 TD
    Peujeot J5 2.5TD
    Fiat Ducato 2.5TD

between 1984 and 1994

Thanks. db.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The Fiat engine is different . The Pug and Citroen ones are the same alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Thanks for that - I understood that all these engines (or possibly the entire van) were all made at some factory in Southern Italy and just branded differently?

Anyway - no sign of anything so far. I am suggesting that maybe she needs to head over to France on the ferry with a trailer on tow - there must be loads of 'em around France? Find one near the sea where the body is wrecked but the engine might be OK? I am assuming the RHD/LHD won't be a problem (hers is ex UK I think and is RHD)
    She just recently replace the water heater (forgot to empty it over those few freezing nights we got), and fixed the gas heater, and replaced the leisure battery and..... so she's kinda upset!

Identical van , but the Fiat and Pug engines are totally different , trust me on this,... I've worked on loads.

Look in Northern Ireland or UK for an engine , they were called a Talbot Express there.

The CRD lettering denotes it as being Peugeot/Citroen btw . IIRC Fiat ones have SOFIM or something on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Identical van , but the Fiat and Pug engines are totally different , trust me on this,... I've worked on loads.

Look in Northern Ireland or UK for an engine , they were called a Talbot Express there.

Yeah - when I first heard she was buying it I was a bit concerned having been warned off Talbots - but hers has a Peugeot/Citroen on the front and stuff. AFAIK she did an online check on it before parting with the cash (and Cash is the very word... :) ....) and it came up as having been imported from UK. Maybe there's been a bit of ummmmm consolidation of vehicles going on here?

• Advertisement
Advertisement