Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MY THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED AND THE MODERATOR IS USING MY POLL ON HIS THREAD.

Options
  • 07-09-2010 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

dear god this is so tedious..
    i began about how i couldnt cope with ryan tubriddy anymore..on the radio forum.
    i included a poll...

i then get some rsponses to the thread and a moderator named bard responds also...he has another thread on the radio forum about tubriddy without a poll.

so in his wisdom he decides to put my poll on his thread and move my thread onto his..therefore changing the title of the original thread which i posted.

it now says ....moved...and all replies and poll answers are on his thread.

i asked him to revers the action...he said no then threatened me with banning.

i am wondering is this the usual action of moderators ..or is does it just happen when you post a more interesting thread than theirs?

any responses much obliged.
    jane wani

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Look at it this way - what is the point in having two threads on the same topic in any forum?

It is standard practice by all moderators to merge in threads like that. It's just part of basic housekeeping, to keep everything in the one place.

Don't worry, it's nothing personal. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Look at it this way - what is the point in having two threads on the same topic in any forum?

It is standard practice by all moderators to merge in threads like that. It's just part of basic housekeeping, to keep everything in the one place.

Don't worry, it's nothing personal. :)

thanks for your reply.
    but you see he has edited the poll to suit himself and i sense an ego at work which dosent allow him to see sense.
    why didnt he just post anther thread with a different poll...??
    dear god its not rocket science
    it isnt just tidying up as he never let me know why it was being merged.
    basically he was jealous of my thread..he actually took over the thread.
    my heading and comment becomes irrelevant once he merges the thread.
    also the poll which i wrote..becomes his poll....
    now if that isnt personal ...i dont know what is ..
    this is utterly ridiculous..
    you take time to write threads and polls...and some jealous little boy decides he wants it so takes it...lol..
    its tedious ..tedious i tell...
    now hes warning me as i have referred to tubriddy as a bag of sticks..
    tobriddy refers to himself that way...dear gaaaawd

jane wani wrote: »
    thanks for your reply.

You are welcome. :)
    but you see he has edited the poll to suit himself

I see the poll has been edited, but I can't see what was changed. I'll ask Bard to drop in and give his side of the story.
    and i sense an ego at work which dosent allow him to see sense.
    why didnt he just post anther thread with a different poll...??

I think you misunderstand what is going on here. It certainly isn't ego, it isn't because he wants your poll (believe me, he really is capable of creating his own poll/thread if he really wants to).

He is just doing a bit of housekeeping, simple as that.
    dear god its not rocket science

Neither is moderating. ;)
    basically he was jealous of my thread..he actually took over the thread.

Now you are being silly.
    .and some jealous little boy decides he wants it so takes it...lol..

See my previous comment.
    now hes warning me as i have referred to tubriddy as a bag of sticks..
    tobriddy refers to himself that way...dear gaaaawd

The warning is was for comments, such as this:
    jane wani wrote:
    but i actually would prefer if you didnt just decide to take over a thread..

maybe you have had some problems with other peoples girlfriends in the past have you?

how about just leaving other peoples stuff alone?

These comments have nothing to do with the thread and nothing to do with Ryan Turbidy. Despite the initial warning, you persisted in complaining about the thread.

That's what the warning was for.

If you have a problem with a moderator's decision, you do not argue on thread, you take it to PM (Private Message). If you are not happy with that, you follow the dispute resolution procedure, which is here. Technically, I should have directed you to that at the beginning.

let my thread be the header..then merge his own thread with mine??
    then the poll would have been intact and his thread could have been comented on along with mine..you see..he just couldnt leave things be.

im not sure he will be able to answer that one..
    but anyway this is tiring thanks for the reply

but anyway this is tiring

Welcome to my world.
    thanks for the reply

Glad to help. :)

• Advertisement

well bard,i see you used to write things and present radio..
    well i do write things and present radio..
    now far be it from me to suggest you realise im one of the good people,
    but really i think you should take a good look at your behaviour and ask yourself..if you wrote a thread and put time into post a poll,would you be happy with someone else taking it over and using your work??
    im sure you wouldnt..think about it ..
    i cant help being talented bard...no need to get shirty about things.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Welcome to my world.

Glad to help. :)

for so called abusive behaviour...i sent him personal messages with no abuse...just questions ...lol
    this is a real joke...and will be publicised further.
    how can you have message board that bans people for just for their opinion..??
    how ridculous is that?

As Zaph told you in the other thread, if you are unhappy with a moderator's decision, follow the dispute resolution process.

If there is a problem, rest assured that we have no problem pulling a moderator up on it.

In the interest of keeping things all neat and tidy, I am going to close this thread and grab a large portion of popcorn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement