Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skyline GTR In Dublin Today

• 07-09-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Saw a Black 08 Nissan Skyline GTR in a filling station in Dublin today and was about to go over to have a chat with the driver but changed my mind coz I thought to myself that he must get muppets wrecking his head all the time.
    Anyway Im annoyed now that I didnt go over to have a look and a chat. Anyone know this car ? or the owner ? is he approachable ? Im not giong to hijack it or anything silly like that just really interested in it, very impressive car..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

2qk4u wrote: »
    Saw a Black 08 Nissan Skyline GTR in a filling station in Dublin today and was about to go over to have a chat with the driver but changed my mind coz I thought to myself that he must get muppets wrecking his head all the time.
    Anyway Im annoyed now that I didnt go over to have a look and a chat. Anyone know this car ? or the owner ? is he approachable ? Im not giong to hijack it or anything silly like that just really interested in it, very impressive car..
    He might get annoyed at you calling it a Skyline, it's not a Skyline anymore, it's just a GTR. The Skyline is a seperate range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

He lives in the Glasnevin area

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

see it all the time around the Drumcondra area, stunning motor!
    dont know the guy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've heard that the owner of it is a son of the owner of Doctor Quirkeys.....I don't know how true it is though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

love this car...someday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

He lives beside me. Never spoken to him though.

He's had it since March 08 IIRC. As far as I know that's a few months before it launched in Europe so he obviously wanted it badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

It was down at a trackday in mondello yesterday.. same one??

mondellointer64of86-vi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea I know the car
    4356826089_40e7deab1a_z.jpg

You might edit the number plate out of the pic :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    You might edit the number plate out of the pic :)

Are you still one of these people that think it's a security risk? Because it's not... This car and 90% of the cars in the HWIST thread don't have plates blanked out. 99% of cars on car classifieds sites don't have the plates blanked out either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

That looks like it. Its awsome...

steve06 wrote: »
    Are you still one of these people that think it's a security risk? Because it's not... This car and 90% of the cars in the HWIST thread don't have plates blanked out. 99% of cars on car classifieds sites don't have the plates blanked out either.

Well I don't own it, but so far in this thread the car's reg has been displayed, the area the owner is from and also possibly the business his Dad owns. So it's making it rather easy for someone to find the car if they were so inclined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'd never display the reg of a car I didnt own.

Well I don't own it, but so far in this thread the car's reg has been displayed, the area the owner is from and also possibly the business his Dad owns. So it's making it rather easy for someone to find the car if they were so inclined.

The area the owner is from, is not mentioned. Just an area the car has been seen around. And that is not the owners father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Its not that hard to find a car if you really want to. The cars is used on public roads with the reg visable so why should it be covered in the pics ? This is a public forum with a discussion about something seen in public. I could understand if we were trespassing on land and showing pics of a car on private property but we are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Its not that hard to find a car if you really want to. The cars is used on public roads with the reg visable so why should it be covered in the pics ? This is a public forum with a discussion about something seen in public. I could understand if we were trespassing on land and showing pics of a car on private property but we are not.

Its much easier for someone dodgy to search on the internet for a likely car, than to go around his local area looking for a car. What you are saying is true but your not thinking of the numbers involved and relative ease of it. People seeing you drive around vs anyone with an internet connection in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Believe me, anyone who is so inclined already knows about it, where its kept and where it drives the most. Its not the most common car on the road so its not like its exactly inconspicuous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

he more than likely has a tracker installed in it anaway so anyone even contemplating pinching it would be pretty silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Bryn wrote: »
    I've heard that the owner of it is a son of the owner of Doctor Quirkeys.....I don't know how true it is though

Doctor Quirkeys son owns a red one i think.

Its much easier for someone dodgy to search on the internet for a likely car, than to go around his local area looking for a car.

Yes it is... If i wanted a GT-R though I'd probably spend 30 seconds on carzone and then take a test drive that i would arrive back from! http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/GT-R/3.8-TWIN/201009197146510/advert?channel=CARS
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Yes it is... If i wanted a GT-R though I'd probably spend 30 seconds on carzone and then take a test drive that i would arrive back from! http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/GT-R/3.8-TWIN/201009197146510/advert?channel=CARS

I believe that one is up for auction in Merlins

Yea it went through tonight. Made 50k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I saw one parked outside Lidl in Dundrum a few weeks ago ironically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Yea it went through tonight. Made 50k

It sold for €50K??

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    It sold for €50K??
    Well it was no reserve... dealer has it up for 75 so I'd say he was the highest bidder so he keeps it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Well it was no reserve... dealer has it up for 75 so I'd say he was the highest bidder so he keeps it.
    When Jeremy Clarkson had this on Top Gear when he was over in Japan I was sure he said it was £35k or so and that was brand new. Anyone remember that too or just me.

Anyhoo it'd be the first big thing I'd buy if I won the lotto, savage car...

You are obviously not very dodgy. You do realise that guys that clone cars wont be going to test drives.

The skylines are few and far between anyway. But desirable cars that are more common such as gti golfs and the like would be a good example. They have a stolen car, they need the exact same car and colour to clone it. They wouldnt be cruising around drumcondra looking for one, they go on the internet find a golf same year, colour and model- thats two seconds. They then grab the reg no. hpi it and bobs your uncle theres the chassis no. 2 mins they have an identity. Yet they could find a few days looking for one around the area.

If anyone rings looking for the reg when you have it blocked always take their home telephone no. This is traceable and a cloner wont give it. Explain why and if they have a problem well they are dodgy. I cant see how you find that not blocking your reg no. out is safe. If i had a desirable car advertised I would do it.

The above post explains my point much better than I could have :) I reckon posting pics of someone's car with their reg number not blocked out is just not on really. Especially a high end yoke like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I think it would be courteous to blank it out, not for security reasons, just a little bit of privacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 SRBRGS

GTR for €50k was a provisional sale only - seller has the option of taking it or not. Tonights auction was not a no reserve auction, however one car, a '07 S320 was sold without reserve.

You are obviously not very dodgy. You do realise that guys that clone cars wont be going to test drives.
    And you do realise that generally people don't clone very rare cars...
    The skylines are few and far between anyway. But desirable cars that are more common such as gti golfs and the like would be a good example. They have a stolen car, they need the exact same car and colour to clone it. They wouldnt be cruising around drumcondra looking for one, they go on the internet find a golf same year, colour and model- thats two seconds. They then grab the reg no. hpi it and bobs your uncle theres the chassis no. 2 mins they have an identity. Yet they could find a few days looking for one around the area.
    I fail to see your point here, all you're stating is the obvious. Which is what I said, if they want a car they can get one online.
    If anyone rings looking for the reg when you have it blocked always take their home telephone no. This is traceable and a cloner wont give it. Explain why and if they have a problem well they are dodgy. I cant see how you find that not blocking your reg no. out is safe. If i had a desirable car advertised I would do it.
    With the age of mobile, there's not many people with a home telephone number any more.
    Absurdum wrote: »
    I think it would be courteous to blank it out, not for security reasons, just a little bit of privacy.
    Privacy? displaying a reg doesn't invade privacy...

And you do realise that generally people don't clone very rare cars...

I said that. Did you not read where I said Skylines are rare and I gave you a typical exmple of cloning. If someone has a stolen skyline though and they are in a different county well......My post is in response to your general one about hiding numberplates being stupid.

I fail to see your point here, all you're stating is the obvious. Which is what I said, if they want a car they can get one online.

You said there is no risk at all with not blanking out you numberplate. I just explained that there is identity theft being the main one. That is what the point is. Is that to hard to see from my post? Would you like to be a victim of cloning?

With the age of mobile, there's not many people with a home telephone number any more.

So what its a way of getting around a cloner ringing you and asking for the number. Its up to you how to verify and how much you want to sell your car.

Privacy? displaying a reg doesn't invade privacy...

Throw up a pic yours then will ya, just to prove a point.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corolla 1991

Just changing the subject a little, but there will be two gtr's on the cannonball run this weekend along with quite a few other cars!!...heres a link to the cars taking part http://www.cannonball.ie/race-cars.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Typical boards. OP start thread on one of the most awesome cars in the counrty, and you Marys start nattering on about reg plates. Grow a pair!

Throw up a pic yours then will ya, just to prove a point.:p

I've posted pics of my cars already on boards a few times without the reg blocked.

• Advertisement

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Typical boards. OP start thread on one of the most awesome cars in the counrty, and you Marys start nattering on about reg plates. Grow a pair!

lol, the irony........

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=14283977#

Link fail :D

:D Pwned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I don't get it. How does the fact he plays computer games invalidate his point about dragging the thread off topic? :confused:

• Advertisement

I don't get it. How does the fact he plays computer games invalidate his point about dragging the thread off topic? :confused:

It doesn't, calling folks Marys and telling them to grow a pair is a tad ironic when he seems to spend 99% of his time in front of a playstation ;)

Real meaningful stuff there, Holmes. Without descending any further into keyboard warfare, a few posts in the computer games section does equal 99% of my time, but thanks for taking the time to dig that out.

And that's a nice fishy Steve!

Real meaningful stuff there, Holmes. Without descending any further into keyboard warfare, a few posts in the computer games section does equal 99% of my time, but thanks for taking the time to dig that out.

Yeah, keyboard warfare isn't your thing at all :rolleyes:

Fine, great, you win at boards, w/e! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It doesn't, calling folks Marys and telling them to grow a pair is a tad ironic when he seems to spend 99% of his time in front of a playstation ;)
    Any more of this bull**** and people get to take a week off.

I suppose we arent interested in hearing how you drove one on gran turismo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I suppose we arent interested in hearing how you drove one on gran turismo.
    Move on, people.

Advertisement