Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fist of the north Star

Options
  • 07-09-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Has anyone on the forum played the 2d fist of the north star game ? . You would have to have a japenese Playstation 2 .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Fraid not, closest thing I've played is probably Jump Ultimate Stars, which has two of the main characters playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I have it somewhere, i got it when it came out but it soon got labeled as BROKEN by srk once an infinite was found, with no competition or anyone to play it with , i stopped.

Sprites are nice, combos etc , superb. Great game.
    I think its emulated for dreamcast , might even have online play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I could add it to my ps2 HD for the next Day of Champions tournament :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

There's one for the xbox too but I dont know if it's a 2d beat em up or just an action adventure

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The 2D one (after GG and before that gay samurais-one) is supposedly broken as all hell.

Except.
    It's Fist of the North Star.
    where EVERYTHING is broken.
    So it kinda fits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

animaX wrote: »
    I could add it to my ps2 HD for the next Day of Champions tournament :cool:

yes please ! ye i play it with a few mates, love to play it against people i dont know .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I've played it. It's fun, even if balanced gameplay is already dead.

Yreval wrote: »
    I've played it. It's fun, even if balanced gameplay is already dead.

This clip isnt great, its not a real fight, The guy who is rei doesnt do anything for the first round, and then starts doing all his combo's in second round ?

Not what happens in real fights

Actually, you're not seeing the big picture.
    • Round 1: Player 1 gets a few hits in, but is counter-hit out of most of his pokes for absolutely massive damage by P2 (Ken).
    • Round 2: Player 1 is nearly dead, then pulls the match around in pretty much 2 combos.
    • Round 3: LOL DIS GAEM IS BORK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

This clip isnt great, its not a real fight, The guy who is rei doesnt do anything for the first round, and then starts doing all his combo's in second round ?

Not what happens in real fights

Yeah... whether or not it's representative of real fights really isn't the point of the video.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Actually, you're not seeing the big picture.
    • Round 1: Player 1 gets a few hits in, but is counter-hit out of most of his pokes for absolutely massive damage by P2 (Ken).
    • Round 2: Player 1 is nearly dead, then pulls the match around in pretty much 2 combos.
    • Round 3: LOL DIS GAEM IS BORK

Really ? dont agree to be honest, if played properly its not as one sided , you can block alot of the combo's in round 1 and 2, the finisher in round 3. yes they can happen but in a real match it would be depended on the strategy used, and using this strategy to take the 7 stars off your opponent can lead to losing the first round easily..

If a real clip with all of this happening was showed grand . It was staged, yes there is big finishing moves in this game, as a reward for countering at certain times and performing certain combo's, This adds huge potenital to fights.

Yes the game has flaws, as all do . but to use that clip for the big picture doesnt give any evidence the game is broken, its just one player doing combo's and the other taking it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

The guys laugh is brilliant! Reminds me of Ry's laugh :p

Proof that pros hit that stupid Fatal KO crap in big matches:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Proof that pros hit that stupid Fatal KO crap in big matches:

You may think that the fatal KO is crap, first two rounds were excellent , both had theres stars taken off in last round ?

Proof that it was 1 round to 1 , with both having the ability to hit there finisher to win the match ?

Now if you watch fist of the north the game really does imitate the show, with big finishing moves that kill there opponent .

So you've shown proof of an excellent fight, with a finisher executed in the final round .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You may think that the fatal KO is crap, first two rounds were excellent , both had theres stars taken off in last round ?

Proof that it was 1 round to 1 , with both having the ability to hit there finisher to win the match ?

Now if you watch fist of the north the game really does imitate the show, with big finishing moves that kill there opponent .

So you've shown proof of an excellent fight, with a finisher executed in the final round .

Kiki I would say doesn't care about the show in this case, more about the games suitability for competetive play and 1 hit Kills always also put me off.

The Astral in BB is a much better way of doing a super mega ultra death kill mechanic.

Advertisement