Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car freaks?where

• 07-09-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

where are all corks car freaks?

was wondering, im new here, saw a lot of pimped cars, especially friday or saturday night.

so is there any meeting point etc etc?
    im new to this:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

*sigh* If you really want to get into that scene, the petrol station in Douglas seems to be the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭tinnuvial

There's usually a few around the Ownabue car park in Carrigaline on a Friday and Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

*sigh* If you really want to get into that scene, the petrol station in Douglas seems to be the spot.

no i wont...not like them...but im interested in cars and have no possibility to learn somewhere something...may they know more where to go etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Im sorry, but what exactly are you looking for?
    I know of a crowd with done up cars that meet, but that doesnt seem to be what you want, ^^above post.

yeah i mean for me it doesnt matter who they are etc or what kind of scene, im just interested u know, and may they know some stuff bout where to look at if u need something, dunno haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

celica00 wrote: »
    yeah i mean for me it doesnt matter who they are etc or what kind of scene, im just interested u know, and may they know some stuff bout where to look at if u need something, dunno haha

You sound dodgey imo.

If you want to learn about cars, contact Ashton School and Douglas School. Their nightcourses have just started, and there's always a nightcourse in car maintenance. You'd certainly learn more there than you would from the numpty's with 'boxy starlets' driving around like morons on a saturday night.

If you want to learn about cars, contact Ashton School and Douglas School. Their nightcourses have just started, and there's always a nightcourse in car maintenance. You'd certainly learn more there than you would from the numpty's with 'boxy starlets' driving around like morons on a saturday night.

perfect!
    thanks a mil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Lol...I think I saw like 15 to 20 TUNED cars since I am here (1 year...), the rest - all racer boys in 1.3 liter Mitsubishis with body kits to make them look like WRXs (and fartcans to make them sound like...ehm...chainsaws).

And uhu, what's with all the flashing blue lights on the racer-boy-rides lately, are they even legal (If I was the Garda, I'd have much more than a problem with them)?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm into my cars and have to agree with most posts above.
    There are a lot of guys in tarted up civics ect with a lot of noise and no go.
    I have a nicely modified car myself and have met a few decent guys with properly modified cars around cork, but not too many tbh...

As PaintDoctor said try a night course, I did one in St Johns College a few years back and it was very informative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Lol...I think I saw like 15 to 20 TUNED cars since I am here (1 year...), the rest - all racer boys in 1.3 liter Mitsubishis with body kits to make them look like WRXs (and fartcans to make them sound like...ehm...chainsaws).

A kit to make a Mitsubishi look like a Subaru, eh? Wow, must be some kit...:rolleyes:

In fairness, if you've only seen 20 'tuned' cars, as you put it, in Cork in a year, then you're walking around with your eyes closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Macy Dees in Douglas is pure mad bai!
    Me n da bai'z bate around dere all nite in r glanzas!
    Our cars are wicked loud! I drills holes in me pipes like!
    Nawthin better them burnin up Carrs Hill at 2.30am toppin out at 60mph! baiiiii!
    edit: Also, be listnin to mad tunz on KissFem!

Carrs hill is bad, but I'm about to buy a stinger and put it outside the road next to my estate. I'm living close to temple hill/cork conn, and the waaaaaaahs in their starlets take the corner every night flat out, then turn around the roundabout and go flat out back up the hill, then rinse, and repeat over and over again, usually at 3 in the morning.

Carrs hill is pretty bad, I live fairly close.
    Just heard some idiot flying up now...

Saw two proper big bikes have a race up there one evening during the summer around 8pm. I'd say I could hear them all the way to carragline!

Unless you know absolutely f all about car maintenance the night courses are a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Bill-e wrote: »
    Macy Dees in Douglas is pure mad bai!
    Me n da bai'z bate around dere all nite in r glanzas!
    Our cars are wicked loud! I drills holes in me pipes like!
    Nawthin better them burnin up Carrs Hill at 2.30am toppin out at 60mph! baiiiii!
    edit: Also, be listnin to mad tunz on KissFem!

Haha classic :)
    Carrs hill is bad, but I'm about to buy a stinger
    A stinger? Like this :D
    stinger-intro.jpg

That should defo take care of them :p

RoverJames wrote: »
    Unless you know absolutely f all about car maintenance the night courses are a waste of time.

I wouldn't aggree 100% with that.
    The one I was one had a real sound young lad giving it. He knew a lot about performance cars and modding. Had some interesting projects going on and taught me a few things.

Saying that it really does depend on who is giving the course....

No doubt Mick :)
    That post was one of my strong generalisations, but from folks I know who have done them and from what I've read in course outlines and learning objectives most of them are not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HighOnFire

To Celica00:

According to your nick id say youre interested in ricers, so check this board: http://www.driftireland.com/
    there are some driftevents (i think Tipp and definitely Dublin).. there was something in watergrasshill past couple of year but this year nothing.

or american cars (which i like):
    Great Amercan Steel Car Club (Cork)
    http://gascc.ie/
    then:
    http://www.americanmusclecarsireland.net/portal.php
    or:
    http://www.maac-ireland.com/
    (organisers of the biggest gathering of american cars on Emerald Isle)

and:
    http://www.driver.ie

btw. i dont have anything against those loud exhausts of these subarus, civics etc. but thing which is really making me angry is when im sleeping and one of those kids just fly by my house (which is almost in city centre) at 1am. i know, they are just kids, but come oooon.. :confused:

Advertisement