Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pricing!

Options
  • 07-09-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

i know everyone will have different prices etc,im just lookin for a general guideline here dont wanna over charge and dont wanna sell myself short either,basically lookin on rough price i have to replace

1 60w globe fitting
    3 wall lights
    2 downlighters
    2 shaver lights
    2 ceiling roses

just looking to see what you guys charge as im not used to the whole pricing of jobs

appreciate the help cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

are you supplying material or them? if you are price the stuff in wholesalers work out roughly how long it will take you and charge per hour.
    if they are supplying just charge an hourly rate of whatever you feel is appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

thanks maz,il be supplying the gear!just wanted to know really if you guys usually charge by the hour these days as opposed to fixed proce for say replacing a ceiling rose!cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It can depend. Some jobs you can price by the hour, and some you can't. As an example, you couldn't really charge an hourly rate just to replace a ceiling rose.

I don't think so anyway

no i completely agree i was thinking more along the lines of 10 euro per light or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Just a reminder that all discussed costs are to include VAT at the correct rate as per the charter. Thanks all.

• Advertisement

no problem thanks stoner

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

well i reckon maybe around 1 - 2 hours work so it all depends what you think is a fair price for the work and allowing for the fact that you have to get the stuff as well which also takes time. i wouldnt be looking for a fortune to do the job as it will probably be simple enough but i wouldnt work for free either. had to give you an exact price but i reckon 40 - 60 euro wouldnt be too unreasonable to charge for the labour.

Advertisement